Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Santa Rosa
Options

2018 Santa Rosa Roll Call - Who's in?

Yes, your legs are sore; you have blisters and rashes in places that only a post race shower can discover, and your statement of “I’m never doing another one of these again” are all becoming a distant memory.

Don’t act like you’re not thinking about it. Who’s in for 2018?

And for those of you lurking at home...and were inspired by your teammates...did you pull the trigger?!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    There is a thread on slowtwitch with a lot of 'interesting' post-race evaluations on this race.  I hope to do it some year in the future, but first I'll see what WTC does to improve the logistics issues and the second half of the bike course.
  • Options
    @Paul Houghcan you put in a link?
  • Options
    linky here
    Wait for @Brad Marcus's RR, he had a lot to say about the road conditions, particularly "in town"
  • Options
    I too was very interested, but after reading a lot about this year's race, WTC needs to quickly fix some logistics, the swim and half the bike to get me to jump. But the run sounds great. 
  • Options
    I just posted my RR which has my viewpoint.  Front of pack people didn't like the two loop swim but for me not a problem.
  • Options
    Too late...  I signed up already.  I even booked my accommodations.  I am IN in IMSR 2018!
  • Options
    I'm considering it for this year.  I grew up in Northern California, and it would be great to race in my old stomping grounds.  I want to do an early season IM because I'm not training for an IM in 100 degree weather through the summer again when I could be up in the mountains playing.  I was hoping the reports would be glowing, but they've been mixed.  I'll wait to see if WTC addresses the problems with the course...
  • Options
    The Ironman web-site says IMSR is on May 12 next year. So, it will be one of the few early season IM's. I'm considering it, although the reports are disappointing.
  • Options
    The Ironman web-site says IMSR is on May 12 next year. So, it will be one of the few early season IM's. I'm considering it, although the reports are disappointing.

May 12th was the top reason I selected this race.  I training in Southern Cal and am really excited about all the long volume in March and April verses June and July.
  • Options
    edited August 8, 2017 2:56AM
    The May 12 date was calling to me too but IM Norway was yelling louder.  :)
  • Options
    The May 12 date was calling to me too but IM Norway was yelling louder.  :)

Sure, but it's calling in Norwegian.  'Mercia!
  • Options
    My race report is posted. Happy to answer any questions that @Tom Box or I didn'f cover in reports. One thing is certain - the weather will be cooler in May.
  • Options
    I am in... Dino is a bad influence
  • Options
    Gonna be epic!  Lots a local homies at this one.  
  • Options
    I'm in.  I did the Vineman 70.3 twice in the past and loved it.  This will be my first IM!
  • Options
    I'm in. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!
  • Options
    Considering....
  • Options
    This race is somewhat local to me (about 1 1/2 hrs from where I live). I've signed up and will be my first Full IM.
  • Options
    I'm signed up....glad I wasnt' aware of the road conditions before signing up.
  • Options
    Anyone know whether the recent fires will affect the race?
  • Options
    I worried about this too. But looking at the fire maps and route maps, there are a few areas that were very close to the fires but much of the bike and run are west of the 101 which was mostly untouched. 

What may be difficult is finding a place to stay nearby.  With so many residential areas in and around SRO being lost, the rental market that was tight has gotten even tighter.  Air BnB and VRBO locations are being used as regular rental housing.  I had planned to rent a place for a week or so before the race even though I live an hour away, but I'm not sure that plan will be realized now. 
  • Options
    I know the Hilton Santa Rosa was burned down. So yes, the accommodation may be a little tricky but I don’t think it’s going to effect the race in any way. The local business need visitors and they have been asking people to visit the wine country to give the local economy a boost.