Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

The Zwifterati (No It's Not Trent's New Car, these are Zwift Rulez!!!!)

edited December 13, 2017 3:52AM in Community Forum 🏠
For reference, if you haven't a clue about where I am coming from please go read the official rules of cycling here: http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ 

It came up this weekend in another group ride that we should have some rules for Zwift as well (because why the hell not). 

Make your submissions below and we'll figure out a way to compile them!!!!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options
    The number of daily races to do on Zwift is always +1.  If one is good, two is better. If two kinda hurts then three might kill you. But if you died on your bike while Zwifting you would be some kind of god or goddess and that would be pretty cool. 
  • Options
    If you invite others to ride with you be aware that 10 minutes is too short of notice!
  • Options
    btw, take this onto instagram, the FB group, etc once we build the list, #greatENmarketing
  • Options
    Cover your headset.

it's in the forums.
  • Options
    If your legs hurt, just keep pedaling...............
  • Options
    @peter Noyes I see what you did.... 

1) One should never use Discordwithout the "Push to Talk" setting prior to testing the "Voice Activity" settings while Zwifting with a teammate.

2) Group rides are never to be used to test your Discord settings.

3) Any newly achieved peak heart rate or power performances should be posted via a screen shot with pride to the EN Zwift Chat Groupme.

4) Any loss of weight should result in the immediate update of weight in Zwift settings.  Any gain of weight, should be given one week to verify.

5) Racing more than once per day shall be known of as "Sullivaning" and should be bragged about with screen shots in the EN Zwift Chat Groupme.

6) Sandbagging will not be tolerated.  If you earned a trophie, act like you know what it is.

7) All group rides are really races

• Options
    hilarous

we say "le sandbagger"

Also @Brian Hagan Sullivaning has been upgraded to the 3 races.
  • Options
    This made me laugh. 

How about “heavy breathing is ok (if not encouraged) but no one wants to hear your background noise. Unless it’s Tim Sullivan’s jet engine trainer. That’s just cool. 

Also, group rides are better with a theme (and theme music if applicable). 

I will I’ll keep noodling on this. 
  • Options
    Race Like Somebody’s Watching. Because they are. I mean HE is. @Tim Sullivan
  • Options
    Forgetting to Eat is Not a Zwift Nutrition Plan. Nor is it cool. If you want to be cool become a vegan or something. 
  • Options
    When you don't think you can keep up the pace anymore just close your eyes and pedal harder 

Don't quit a race just because you get dropped. Unless you fall off your bike or get violently ill just keep pushing  you'll only get stronger 

Yell "go go go" on discord to anyone killing themselves on a KOM. It really does help

And it's been said before to race like someone is watching and that is true very often. They may be watching you from a live feed or following you from within zwift.  Sometimes they even comment to get your HR up!