Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Endurance Nation Course Section (Info & Vote on a Future Course)

edited December 6, 2017 9:24PM in Announcements 🎙
Folks, we are going to be creating more video content to support your Endurance Nation experience, and we need your help.

Courses are meant to be "big picture" resources for the majority of members. So a course on Body Composition benefits everyone; a course on "How to Determine the Perfect Ratio of Carbs to Protein for People Who Live East of the Mississippi and Love Dogs" -- not so much.  :D

There's a ton of stuff we COULD make, but I'd like your input on what we SHOULD make (see what I did there?).

Please vote on the choices below my signature...and if you have other suggestions, please add them in a comment!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    • Run Durability incorporating both Injury Avoidance and Run Technique.
    • Tapering / following your CTL during taper / RPE and the mental gymnastics that go along
    • Cycling with Power, differences between FTP & 5 hour power etc.....
    • Body Composition for life

• Options
    What @Shaughn Simmons has listed is great.

Run technique may not be the majority but it is good to revisit it. Along with shoe selection.
    Body Composition for Life. Yes! As a team we are also striving for health as we do our sport. This is a huge topic. 
  • Options
    -Analyzing (season / session / workout) Data 
    -Mental Skills 
  • Options
    I agree with all three above.
  • Options
    I like Dave's idea for data analysis. I capture a ton of data and like reviewing it, but would rather analyze it to improve my training, recovery, decision making, etc.
  • Options
    I think the topics that make the most sense are things we can't figure out through "reading." As well, we've become a world that is more easily spoon fed, I am going to be in the car for close to 8 hrs tomorrow and am downloading all the podcasts I've wanted to hear!

I think technique items, for S, B, R are excellent. 
    Body comp, not so much, but if it is an interactive "course," perhaps?
    How to use all the technical tools and how to track your fitness. This is a big one.
    • the technique of data collection (Stryd, garmin, etc)
    • Where to put it all (trainingPeaks) How to use TP to get you there.
    • The "art & science of adjusting your input settings for pace/HR) since that drives everything that is outputted. 
    • per Shaugn's comments above, the art & science (as it is not just pure #s) of interpreting the outputs & per Todd, how to make decisions with the data you now have both on a micro level (what to do this week based on last week) and macro, how to adjust long term microcyles. 
  • Options
    Data analysis to aid in planning for the following year(s) and planning taper
  • Options
    As a senile - I mean senior - I voted for Masters Athletes, but I will certainly listen to any videos on Cycling w Power!
  • Options
    All subjects are intesting, but cycling with power is the one that we could learn the most out of it and that could be easily use in a race.

How to adjust tapering is also a nice topic to cover
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer, really appreciate your comments Scott. I use Strava and Garmin, but will now check out TP. Hope this site will help me organize and collect all the data.  
  • Options
    Thanks @Coach Patrick and everyone for this work in helping Team EN learn more and improve!

I voted for swim technique, because like others have said, I think this is something that is harder to capture in text and facilitated by video. But I also think learning more about data capture & analyses and many of the other topics are great.
  • Options
    I really like the ideas of more videos; this is a super great idea. My vote goes to data analysis, run durability, bike power and some inspiration video by some of the more crazy athletes/members (sharing their experience). One video could just be Coach P sharing his program/experience from injury to KQ (what worked, what he focused on, what was the most important, what was difficult). I would also like swim videos but my first thought is that there are a lot of those available and they don't help me!!! :(:(  
  • Options
    Team, thanks for the feedback on all of this...just a heads up that I just published our latest course "Tracking & Using Your Data 101" to the Official Course Page here. I'll be back in a few weeks with another one!!!!

~ Coach P
  • Options
    Awesome! I can't wait to dive into this! Thanks @Coach Patrick