Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Coverage for Ironman South Africa

The coverage for IM South Africa was amazing. There were numerous camera angles and the hosted coverage lasted till the last finisher. There were constant interviews with age groupers as they crossed the finish line. They even followed specific age groupers as events unfolded on the course. In particular we got to watch the struggle for the last age grouper on the course for around an hour before the finish. We received updates when she started running again, etc. 

I missed the swim and bike coverage so I don’t know how that went. 

All and all I’m really excited to see this level of coverage. I hope the the North American Championship has the same level of attention.  
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    I was at the race with one of my sons last year and my wife watched from home.  She said the coverage was really good, but I wouldn't expect similar from a North America race.  Case in point:  Ironman TV Europe produces really good 25-30 min recaps of many European races (check them on youtube) but there's no such thing in the U.S.  There is a bigger market demand for good coverage overseas that is lacking in the U.S.