Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2018 70.3 Chattanooga Welcome Thread

Welcome to the 70.3 Chatanooga Sign In Thread! 

Please use this thread to introduce yourself to your fellow teammates, telling us a little bit about you, your goals for the race, etc! and

Do not forget to check out the Half Ironman Race Page, your one stop shop for all things, dates, actions and resources related to your big race. From there you’ll be able to find all of the relevant resources, get critical dates, find out how to connect with the Team and much, much more.

If you need additional support, please let us know using the support tab on the right side of the page.

@Todd Middlebrooks @Emily Brinkley @erichudson @Jeff Horn @Tanner Lovelace @Juan Vergara @Kathryn Scovel @mikethread

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Juan M Vergara

Brenda, FYI I will no longer race Chattanooga this year (qualified for THE CHAMPIONSHIP after I had already registered for this race). Wish all a great race. 
  • Options
    @Juan Vergara - thank you. Will take you off the list. Congrats on the qualification. That is in September right?
  • Options
    September 2nd Ironman 70.3 Worlds in South Africa (also qualified for that one).The Championship is Challenge’s 70.3 Worlds in Slovakia (June 3rd).
  • Options
    I am also racing.  Comeback race after shoulder surgery.  We shall see how it goes!
  • Options
    I live in Chattanooga and do the race every year.  Last year the swim was a bit short due to the current.  This year hoping to go 5 - 5:10?  Maybe 5:11.  Best on course thus far is  5:20 and that was coming off a sprained ankle with zero run volume.  Pretty sure EN has me in shape to do better.  
    Anybody coming to town feel free to hit me up.  Glad to answer questions about venue, course, restaurants etc.
  • Options
    HI, all.  I'll be doing this race again for the third time this year. Love love love Chattanooga!  I'm from Marietta, GA and consider this a "home" race. @Jeff Horn I'm jealous you get to live there!  My husband and I are also paddlers and run the Ocoee often.  
  • Options
    @Sabra Gonzalezcool to hear you are nearby.  I am jealous of the paddling bit.  Ironically I don't "train" on the bike course anymore.  I used to when we first started these races in town, but now the drivers of North Georgia really hate cyclists.  Have not felt very safe the last few times I went down there.  Last year, only time I was on the course was race day.  
  • Options
    @Jeff Horn That's terrible.  I wish people were nicer.  Thankfully, there's Zwift! I will definitely be riding that more this season. It's just easier and involves so much less admin time.
  • Options
    Hi EN Teammates: I'm in for 70.3 CHOO cause I'm also doing the full IM CHOO end of Sept. Hoping it will help me feel more prepared for the full. I'll be coming off IM TX (April 28) barely 3 weeks before. Signing up for TX was an impulse as I had a lot fitness and frustration after a DNF in IM FL. This is my last year to earn an IM finish. I promised family and friends at 67 years of age- gotta get'r done this year- either TX or Chatt. Good luck everybody. 
  • Options
    Hey Team, I’m hoping to come and help support the team, gotta get out of work first. Anyways I’m a couple hrs north so I’ll do my best to make it and I’ll jump on the groupme to stay in the loop. Good luck with training everyone! 
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2018 9:11PM
    Updated list
    Todd Middlebrooks
    Emily Brinkley
    Eric Hudson
    Jeff Horn
    Tanner Lovelace
    Juan Vergara - no longer racing
    Kathryn Scovel
    Mike Thead
    Mary Moore
    Susan Kelly
    Sabra Gonzalez
    Mike Roberts

Am I missing anyone?
  • Options
    Hey B,

When I first saw your list above, I thought "hmm . . . maybe I forgot to sign up for Choo 70.3."  But then I checked the Ironman site.  For better or worse, I'm in.

• Options
    @Mike Roberts you crack me up. I laughed so hard when I read this. 
  • Options
    Not a ton of chatter in here and race is < 3 weeks.  Who is pumped?
  • Options
    @Jeff Horn I am!  I'm thinking the GroupMe for this will start soon?
  • Options
    I was thinking the same @Sabra Gonzalez about the GroupMe.  Hope the group can get together some time on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2018 9:12PM
    @jeffhorn @Sabra Gonzalez the group me is only created for Key HIMs and all IM's and any HIMs with more than 5 people racing the group me will go live the week of the race (Wed). All other chatter will be in here.
  • Options
    I’m pumped, I’ll be in town for support and pushing you guys to the finish!! 
  • Options
     @Sabra Gonzalez @Jeff Horn I will be launching your group me on Wed. I have 11 people listed as racing. Just wanted to give you a heads up. I will add you to the group me when I launch it.
  • Options
    Brenda,Just to remind you I’m no longer racing Chattanooga this year!!Best,Juan
  • Options
    Sounds great!  Thanks again Brenda.  Race week!!  Woot woot!
  • Options
    Hi @Brenda Ross -- I'm also in... first tri back. Ready to race with my EN peeps for sure though. 

• Options
    Updated list
    Todd Middlebrooks
    Emily Brinkley
    Eric Hudson
    Jeff Horn
    Tanner Lovelace
    Juan Vergara - no longer racing
    Kathryn Scovel
    Mike Thead
    Mary Moore
    Susan Kelly
    Sabra Gonzalez
    Mike Roberts

Am I missing anyone?
    Yup - missing me. I am in this year’s Chattanooga 70.3. Second time for me. Did this race two years ago. Looking forward to seeing the EN colors on the course!
  • Options
    @Danielle Santucci should be bringing the heat to the course as well!