Home General Training Discussions
Options

70.3 WISCONSIN ANYONE

Anyone planning on racing 70.3 Wisonsin this year?  Would love to connect in the last month of training to see how it's going as well as meet up at the venue when we get there.  I"ll be there with my family (hubs, 2 yo, 5 yo) staying at an apartment near the capitol.  

Comments

• Options
    I'm in
    How's your training going. Been kind of messed up for me with the "late" spring we've had here in Wisconsin.

• Options
    Hey @markstahlkopf!  Training is going ok - Doing the last 6 weeks of the minimalist plan coming out of Outseason and a two week swim camp.  I am feeling the longer rides - as I'm in MN and feeling ya on the late spring.  It took so long to be able to get outside, I had only riden 90 min inside on the trainer before a long ride two weekends ago.  Are you in madison?  Have you raced the course before?  I did the long course in 2011 and looking forward to only one loop :)
  • Options
    @Leslie Sedlak I have not raced the 70.3 coarse before. I have done the full in Madison 4 times. Twice on the old bike route & twice on the new one. Only the last few miles of the 70.3 version of the bike is the same.
    I live in Plymouth, about 2 hours drive from Madison. Hoping to get down there sometime before Race day.
  • Options
    I am in for 70.3 WI and full in September.  For 70.3, will be in on Saturday and out Sunday.
  • Options
    I’ll be there, racing with a couple of friends and all of our families.  Driving in from central MN on Thursday.  I did ride/run the course a few weeks ago and am impressed with the hills on the bike. Nothing too crazy but very technical like the 140.6 course. I would recommend a conservative bike for the race.  Hopefully, no record setting heat this year!
  • Options
    So great other folks will be there.  Driving with hubs and two toddlers from the Twin Cities (headphones anyone?) on Friday.  Been riding lots of rollers, but not too technical.  Hopefully it's not as hot as it was this weekend!
  • Options
    Hello 70.3 Wisconsin folks. I have the following people listed as racing this coming weekend.

John Wolfe
    Shawn McGee
    John Dannenfeldt
    Bryan Davis
    Eric Ensminger
    Andy Fenton
    Frederick Guesneau
    Steven Harley
    Joe Kelzer
    Tony Ledden
    Leslie Sedlak
    Mark Stahlkopf

So.....I have created a group me for you. You can join it here:  https://groupme.com/join_group/41233212/bZmiOP