Home Racing Forum 🏎 140.6 Forums Ironman Lake Placid
Options

2018 Ironman Lake Placid Rollcall......Who's in for the 20th IMLP?= - TMinus 9 Months

edited October 9, 2017 12:21PM in Ironman Lake Placid

Yes, your legs are sore; you have blisters and rashes in places that only a post race shower can discover; and your statement of “I’m never doing another one of these again” are all becoming a distant memory, although it has only be about 48-72hours.

Don’t act like you’re not thinking about it. Who’s in for 2018?

And for those of you lurking at home...and were inspired by your teammates...did you pull the trigger?!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Punched the ticket yesterday, have 2 rooms at the golden arrow, but open to considering a team house again!
  • Options
    Well I'm pretty sure you can't sucker me into imlp next year but I will most likely be present to support!
  • Options
    edited July 27, 2017 9:24AM
    @tim cronk  - I don't think I suckered you into it this year... If I look back, the conversation was you coming in support and then you were like "I just can't not race... " no pressure speedy man... 
  • Options
    considering.  
  • Options
    I'm trying to stick to my word and do a 1/2 or less next year.  I'm sure I could get spousal approval as the mother in law really wants to come, unfortunately this year the father in law has some medical issues and could not attend so basically a free pass to do the race again some time. 
  • Options
    @Gordon Cherwoniak - the training build will be nothing without your mojo... how do we twist your arm?
  • Options
    I would love to go back and seek revenge, improvement....this one got me...I need to get it back :smile:
  • Options
    I'm in for 2018.  Booked at golden arrow
  • Options
    Considering. Plan was to do Syracuse and LP 70.3s next year, then IMLP in 2019 when I age up to 60. Syracuse never opens early, but rumor mill is saying LP 70.3 may move to June and replace Syracuse. I really don't believe it, but if it happened, as a teacher who can't travel between September and June, it wouldn't leave me with many good Ironman 70.3 options (I'm not a strong swimmer and I've been to Maine in August. The water is freezing!) Considering registering for IMLP, then I'd have the deferral option if I needed it.
  • Options
    20th IMLP or 1st IM Norway, hmmm?  I will be at Haugesund if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    I'm in for 2018.  Will be #4. Skipped this year (but was in town volunteering). Missed racing with the team & looking forward to ramping up for next July.
  • Options
    20th IMLP or 1st IM Norway, hmmm?  I will be at Haugesund if anyone is interested.
    this is the one US IM you should be doing... transfer your registration!
  • Options
    Apparently I'm not totally convinced I'm out.  Looked up the registration website and they are at tier 3 after 1/2 day open.  I did resist and closed the web page.  Honestly I need to work on getting faster and a 70.3 or shorter season allows me more options to do that, but the 20th anniversary is calling to me.
  • Options
    When the kids are grown and  summers are mine I'm in!  Sign me up for 25th IMLP in 2023

• Options
    I'm in ...
  • Options
    Pulled the trigger. May use the deferral, but looks like next year is the year. So many people I know are doing it.
  • Options
    Heading back to Lake Placid for 2018!
  • Options
    I'm seriously considering it.  Housing prices seem extremely high to bring the family.  Does EN typically rent houses together  Where does everyone stay?  How close?
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2017 1:19AM
    @Gary Lewis people have done houses together. You can rent in saranac lake, Jay or willmington and save $, but drive 20 mins to town. 
  • Options
    OK, after reviewing every IM possibility with my wife this morning we decided on Lake Placid.  I registered today. 
  • Options
    OK, after reviewing every IM possibility with my wife this morning we decided on Lake Placid.  I registered today. 
    Now you need to find housing -  :'(

if anyone wants to consider a group house, I might be able to be talked into it. My only qualification is that it has to be in LP & walking distance (under 1/2 mile) to the oval
  • Options
    @Scott Dinhofer I booked a room at "The Haus" on Main Street, Two bedroom gives me flexibility and I can cancel before April with no penalty.
  • Options
    Its now T minus 26 days.  The bib list is out and there are lots of people racing but very few in the GroupMe.

If you're racing, come join us in GroupMe.  I can use all of the MOJO there is, and I'll even buy you a beer in LP.

• Options
    @Gary Lewis You can have all of my LP MOJO as I won't be there this year.  Just a few more key workout so it's getting close to where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Wish I could be there to race with the team, perhaps I'll be back in 2019 or 2020.

• Options
    bribery will get you everywhere @Gary Lewis

• Options
    @Brenda Ross Should super sherpas join the Groupme too?
  • Options
    @Jacklyn Moore yes you should.