Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

IM Austria vs Challenge Roth

HI, on the fence about signing up for IM Austria Vs C. Roth as A race for 2019.  Am a relative newbie to the sport. A race for 2018 was IM Boulder (DNF) and still working towards finishing my first IM (hopefully of many...) Thought on which to choose and why?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Are you aware of how difficult it is to get into Challenge Roth?  Online registration opened today and is already closed  although I am aware they have a time around Dec where it opens up again for a couple of minutes (seriously) to give out a few more slots.  Check with Race-Quest.com to see if they still have Roth 2019 slots available although you must travel with them. 

IM Austria is probably the most popular IM branded race in Europe, it typically sells out within a week, but I think the new IM Ireland is going to take away some of the demand from Austria. 
  • Options

So I did the get up at 1AM and registered, was told that it was already filled (6 minutes late...darn it!) and then got an email today saying that there were duplicates entries so I can get a code to register for roth as long as I get back to them by tomorrow.

• Options
    Congrats then.  Roth is a bucket list race for many people and is often described as the absolute best full distance triathlon in the world; better than Kona.  So why not do that?  Both Roth and Austria have had hot days, but nothing like what you faced in Boulder this year.  Are you living in the U.S. or in Europe?  The only downside I see is that you haven't completed one yet but are taking on a big logistical challenge for your first.  If that's not an issue then press on!!  BTW, search in the Race Reports for Juan Vergara's Roth RR.