Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Tim Sullivan’s Jack and Jill Marathon BQ Race Report – running a marathon was not in my plans

2»

Comments

• Options

@Gabe Peterson @Tim Sullivan

What is the process to get into Leadville 100? I know you can qualify through finishing some other events, but what do you know about the lottery. Not sure it's cards for me in 2019, but maybe 2020.

• Options

@Patrick Large there are a couple ways of getting into the Leadville Run 100:

1. Run one of the qualifier races and get a gold coin like Tim did.
    2. Enter the lottery. They don't publish the odds but it seems like they're pretty low of getting selected. I heard on a podcast that it's not a real lottery and the race staff picks people they know with a few randoms thrown in. If you get in for 2019, you can defer a year.
    3. Get a spot through the Run Camp. I think the MTB Camp is overpriced, but the Run Camp is not a bad deal. I would not recommend running Leadville without previewing key sections of the course and getting the experience how your body with respond to high altitude. The Run Camp does the course over three days.
    4. Sign up for the Leadman and make it an epic fucking summer!
    5. I think there are charity spots. My memory is these end up being as expensive as the Run Camp, but it goes to a good cause.
  • Options

@Gabe Peterson Thanks for the reply. Here are my counter thoughts

1. I'd love to race in a qualifier, but since I live in Europe now (The Netherlands) I am not sure that is an option. Unless you can convince the race director to use another event, but I doubt it.
    2. Lottery although a long shot may be my best bet. Maybe having someone from Europe come and ace would be interesting to them. Who know's? Any clue when the lottery is?
    3. Run camp would be awesome, again logistically and $$$ make this option impossible
    4. see #3 :)
    5. Charity is also an option. Seems easy enough if you can grab a spot straight away and start fundraising.

More than likely this is a 2020 goal, but good to start thinking about it now :)