Home Classifieds
Options

650c TT Bike For Sale

One-of-a-kind TT bike. This is suitable for someone maybe 5'8" or shorter. Background...

Provenence: Originally a 2000 Quintana Roo (back when Slowtwitch's Dan Empfield still owned it) "Aerial". Geometry by QR, round-tube titanium fabrication by Merlin. The only remaining Original Equipment: rear triangle (see below), seat post, Profile Design bullhorn handlebars, and S&S couplers (see below).

Key features: This bike comes apart and fits in a 26" aluminum suitcase using S&S coupler technology. It comes with the case I've used on at least 75 trips (over 150 individual flights), with nary a bike fee charged, value $600 new. This bike has qualified for Kona 9 times, and achieved 7 IM AG victories, along with over 50 other AG wins. It currently has Shimano Di2 electronic shifting, Ultegra drive drain 53/39 rings (= to compact with the 650 wheels) & 12-32 rear cassette, using an external battery. SRAM Red brakes. Zipp 404 wheels with PowerTap hub in the rear. No Saddle, pedals, or hydration cages.

Full disclosure: in 2010, this back hit a slow moving pickup @ 25mph, straight on. No damage to the front wheel (which has since been replaced), but the head tube and steering tube/fork were bent. With the S&S couplers, I only needed to replace the front triangle. Subsequently, the bike went on to win 4 IM AGs, so I'd say it works just fine.

Accessories: 3 tires and at least 10 tubes.

I'm selling because, a year on from when I bought a new TT bike, I have not yet found a use for this one. But letting it go will feel like losing a pet.

Asking price: $1750

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Nooooooooooo!!!!! How can you let this go?????

• Options

• We've lived in the same house since 1983.

• We are "down-sizing in place".

• A ruthless mentality has crept into our thinking: "What would our kids say about this when they have to clean up after us?"

• I haven't touched it - literally - in a year.

• Sure, it's museum quality, but maybe it could find a useful home?

• I already have a bike dedicated to the trainer.

• "A bike is just a tool, not a lover."

(I don't know if any of these excuses are working...we did go through so much together 🚵‍♀️)