Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

2018 Ironman 70.3 World Championship Race Day Thread

edited August 29, 2018 4:58PM in Races & Places 🏁⛺

Hi Team, are you ready to give your teammates some serious mojo for this coming weekend? This thread is to be used leading up to the race and on race day for the team to comment on race conditions, observations on how our team is doing during their races, or just to provide some mojo on race day. Listed below are the members that are racing and a link to the IM Tracker. We are no longer having an EN Tracker as part of the race day experience, however, we do encourage you to download the following app to your phone should you want to track all the athletes listed below.

IRONMAN Track (iPhone) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ironman-track/id1183983404?mt=8

Or go to the IM Live page and find the race and track via the web, that can be done here: http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/coverage/live.aspx

Athletes racing

Rob Sabo

Patricia Rosen

Paul Hough

Shawn Provost

Brian Quarton

Eugene Partridge

Julia Herrmann

Juan Vergara

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Good racing to all of the above athletes. Bring home the hardware.

• Options

Best of luck to everyone! Can't wait to read all the race reports.

• Options

Congratulations @Patricia Rosen on your strong finish and a step on the podium!

• Options

@Juan Vergara just finished at 5:03... pretty darn good!

• Options

@Paul Hough at 6:10! looking forward to race reports! Humid and chilly today. I'm surprised I did not hear about any crashes! pavement was wet and slick...

• Options

honestly today was a great day to take a nap! Glad I went to see the whales on Thursday and gratefully this heavy rain held off until now.

• Options

@Patricia Rosen - the humidity was an achilles heAl for me. I didn't expect it, and my run was a cramp fest. I'm sure I spent more than 10 mins total at a complete stop, unable to move, when my inner right adductor muscle cramped repeatedly. Completely frustrating! My other problem only affected a small number of people. I was having a GREAT swim until I approached the very last buoy before exiting the water. As I passed the buoy I was immediately swept (along with all the people around me) to the left by an incredibly strong cross current. I ended up swimming ALL OUT at a 45 degree angle to the beach making virtually no progress. My son was watching and said it looked like we are were all sighting on the wrong exit point. They sent a ref into the water to direct people not knowing that we had hit an invisible river. I'm not sure if that current lasted long and I was just unlikely, but going so anerobic just killed me. I cramped coming out of the water and never caught my breath until we finished the initial 7 mile climb out of T2. That's the luck of the draw.