Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

NovOS Starts Today!!!!!

Hello everyone! If you are participating in the NovOS please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us what your races and goals for 2019. Me? I hope to get faster on the run and the bike for next season. Be a better swimmer. The only race I have entered for 2019 is Chattanooga 70.3 in May. I'm not sure what else I can do since my daughter is graduating in May and I also have a couple of work 'cations' scheduled for June and July. I'll have to wait till other schedules are out before I make some decisions. Let's hear who you are and what you have planned for 2019. Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options

Hi, my name is Scott and I am a triathlete ๐Ÿ˜€

This is my 8th year with EN and will be my 4th or 5th OS. I've missed a season here and there. I am looking forward to continuing the great run I am developing, increasing bike strength and focusing on overall conditioning. I will be doing IMLP and I am your NOS Bike thread captain, so Look for me to rally you and encourage you to post frequently during the week it is via the threads that we commiserate and support each other in this endeavor.

• Options

Hi fellow NovOS peeps.

I did the NovOS last year and really liked the early fitness I built. I don't have my race season planned yet. However, my 2019 goals are to get stronger on the bike and run 5 days a week. I use Zwift but will ride outside until I can't. I'm in Northern Cal so sunny days pop up that are worth grabbing. I plan to keep some swims going, if I don't it's like starting all over for me.

Thanks @scott dinhofer for driving our ship.

• Options

Hi gang! I'm Emily, or EB -- I've been with EN for 6 years now. Goals for 2019 are to run a 20 min 5k and work on building back to a 3.8 w/k on the bike.

I plan to do most of my bike work in Zwift. Trying to find the best headphones now so I can hear all the trash talk that goes on on Discord...

Haven't pulled the trigger to race any triathlons just yet for 19... we will see what the Fall brings.

• Options

I'm Mark Lane, this will be my 6th outseason with EN. Didn't do any racing in 2018 except a couple local running events, so I have a ton of fitness to get back, and a few pounds to loose.

Starting in November should work out well, as I am doing IM Virginia on May 5. Pretty cool to do an Ironman branded event and sleep in your own bed!

Looking forward to sharing the pain!

• Options
    edited October 30, 2018 7:01PM

@Keith Shireman - are you the run thread captain? is this the run thread?

Assuming yes, I did the run this AM as free run of just shy of 4 miles. Felt great, I've been building a run streak having started in early August from zero as I was recovering from a bike crash where I broke 10 bonez.

now hitting stride or is that stryd?

I'll be hitting a group gravel fest night ride this evening for the ride portion, a bit of a hack I am doing with Coach P. Looking forward to seeing some sharp FTP interval reports in the bike thread.

• Options

Hey ya'll, Mark Maurer here. I've been slacking a little this year although I did take first in my AG at the PNW Regional Championships in the HIM. I've got one race cued up for 2019 and that's the Alohaman Extreme Triathlon on the Big Island of Hawaii in December. I'm nursing some leg issues in my right leg so I probably won't be running at the start of the OS and I'll also be easing back into biking as the leg gets stronger. I've been doing some mountain biking this past year so I'll be substituting some gravel and trail rides for the scheduled workouts. I'll also be focusing on strength and swimming until the running gets back to normal. I look forward to suffering with you all this fall and winter.

• Options

Glad to see some folks participating in the Outseason!! It's been a tough week so far with all this change in weather and sinus issues this week. But I'm not making any excuses. Onward......

• Options

I'm going into my fourth year with EN, and this will be my second OS. My focus next year will be short course tri and du. Over the last couple of years despite more of a run focus I've enjoyed racing a summer sprint tri "for fun", and now I want to see how fast and competitive I can get with more balanced training.

• Options

@Keith Shireman - are you posting new threads each week?

going with this as the run thread, I've done three runs so far this week

Monday - 2.35mi

Tuesday - 3.2 mi

Wednesday - Track workout with a training partner, 4x 1/2 mi@ Z4

• Options

Help!! I am tech challenged. I am supposed to be in the NOV OS training (starting 11/5 -- late). I printed and read all the materials or at least I thought I did. But I am still a bit confused.

Zwift - I decided to try Zwift for the first time for the Nov OS. I will be using my iPhone. Downloaded the app. Bought the Wahoo Fitness HR monitor. Using Kickr Snap trainer. I have a Stages power meter.

Issues:

1) Could not figure out how to find the workouts on Zwift. I am new to Zwift, so I set up an account. But not a paid one. I apparently have a trial period.

2) So I went with TrainerRoad since I have used TrainerRoad in the past and found accessing EN workouts were easy.

3) My Kickr Snap trainer while using TrainerRoad felt like I was climbing Mt. Everest. Literally got to a point, I could not pedal. It is not clear which devices I should connect or disconnect on TrainerRoad. It tried it all, but I couldn't make it past two minutes without the resistance increasing to the point, I could not pedal.

Oy!! Please help.

• Options

@Shelly-Ann Sinclair - check the wiki - http://members.endurancenation.us/Resources/Wiki/tabid/91/topic/Biking/Default.aspx

READ THIS

you can download the OS workouts here - https://app.box.com/s/pgme43yqtyy11w2bvzdrbst4oak9a59s

you have to choose oS bike or run focused depending on what @Coach Patrick has you doing. - this will come down as a zipped file. You must unzip these files, locate your zwift app files on your computer and drop these all into the "workouts" folder. then when you start zwift, you have a choice of "workout" and "course", just click on workouts, pick the one you are doing, and it will load up for you. Zwift lets you toggle the effort up or down 10% in case you are finding your setting too hard (or easy)

hope that helps!