Homeβ€Ί Announcements πŸŽ™
Options

Final Surge problem

Non of my Zwift workouts upload to Final Surge. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

There are two routes you can take from Zwift to FS. Choose only one, so you don't get duplicates on the FS calendar. Under the ""Workouts" menu on FS, click on "Garmin/Device Upload". That page offers the option to import workouts from Strava (which should get the workout automatically from Zwift when you close, assuming you have a Strava count and have linked them). Or, it can auto upload from Garmin Connect, if you have a Garmin watch or headunit which is recording and linked to Garmin connect.

I haven't done a Zwift workout for two-three weeks, but as of Aug 11, this was working for me.

• Options

Thanks Al. I talked with Final Surge and they suggested that having both Strava and Garmin linked might be the reason.

I dropped the Strava link, recorded a new workout and that was supposed to fix it but it didn't do it. Still no recording from Zwift. I might have to upload manually the Zwift data

• Options

@Jorge Duque -- you probably need to log into your account on Zwift-dot-com and re-authorize your connection to Garmin Connect. That happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Maybe due to the GDPR compliance that Zwift was doing?

Anyway, I just logged in to see if they had a direct connection to Final Surge but didn't see one. There's one to TrainingPeaks, Strava, and several other platforms though

• Options

Then click on the Connections and connect to your Garmin account:

Alternatively, you can re-authorize the connection to Strava if that is already linked to Final Surge

• Options

Thanks Paul, have tried all the tricks on the book and can’t make it work.

I continue to talk with final surge hoping they figure out what’s going on

• Options

Slightly different issue, but maybe someone om this tread can help.

My workouts upload from strava or garmin. but they do not turn "green" as completed but rather stay red. I have some workout that have turned green, but no clue how that happened.

• Options

@Patrick Large - You're either over or under achieving. The colors mean:

Red - Not completed or completed under 50% or over 150% of scheduled workout.

Yellow - Completed between 50-79% or 121-150%

Green - Completed between 80 and 120%

• Options

Ahh, OK- so over achieving (not really)

I ran 30:00 today and then walked 15:00 but kept the watch going for the full 45:00

Also @Derrek Sanks I am trying to import "Vital Data" i.e. body comp into final surge as well. I can manually add it , but want to sync it automatically with a wifi scale. Do you know if that is possible? Maybe with a 3rd party app in between?

• Options

@Patrick Large - Good question. I'm not aware of a way to auto sync vital data. I hear the FS support folks are really responsive...I suggest sending them an e-mail.

• Options

is anyone having this issue...

70 min run but this is the only PACE data that I get... a total of 5:00-ish of data. I am pretty sure in the 70 minutes there was more than 5:00 that fell in a zone.

Any ideas??

Zone Name Duration %

TimeZone 1 / LRP / Easy (6:08 - 6:02 min/km)

TRP / Run Durability (5:42 - 5:36 min/km)

Zone 2 / MP / Steady (5:16 - 5:10 min/km) 2:36 48.3%

Zone 3 / HMP / ModHard (5:05 - 4:59 min/km) 1:56 35.9%

Zone 4 / TP / Hard (4:56 - 4:50 min/km) 0:33 10.2%

Zone 5 / IP / Very Hard (4:40 - 4:34 min/km) 0:18 5.6%

• Options

@Jorge Duque did you find a way around using a garmin device to get zwift workouts uploaded to final surge? :D

• Options

@Trish Marshall Working with FinalSurge we found a solution that was pretty easy.

1. The problem was that I had both Strava and Garmin connected to FinalSurge
    2. I disconnected both of them
    3. Then only connected Strava to Final Surge
    4. That way workouts (Swim, bike, run) are recorded by Garmin which sends them to Strava which send them to to FinalSurge
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2018 12:01AM

This happens because of the gaps in the pace zones. I get the same thing :-(

For example if you run in the 5:36-5:16 range, NONE of that will "count" because it's in no reportable range, it's in a neverneverland between your TRP and Z2

• Options

Of course I don't have Strava. :( I will have to use my garmin head unit and have it pushed from there. Thanks for the info @Jorge Duque

• Options

Another thing to keep in mind is that Strava doesn't natively support Stryd data, so if you have one and want to synch that power data to Final Surge, you have to do it directly from Garmin if it goes to Strava, then it won't feed the run power numbers to FS. So I ended up having to sync everything to Garmin and use it as my data source for FS .

• Options

For me, Garmin is the master and I get all of the data directly from there so that nothing is changed from copy to copy.

In other words, I am set up like this:

Garmin > Final Surge

Garmin > Strava