Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

George Petty Official Coach Thread

edited November 27, 2017 4:31PM in Coaching Forum 🧢

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here. 

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes.  So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Past Notes

• Oceanside 70.3 IM 7 Hrs 39 mins Apr 2017
  • Chattanooga 70.3 IM 7 Hrs 27 Mins 2016
  • Memorial Hermann 70.3 IM 7 Hrs 2 Mins 2015
  • Rev 3 Florida 70.3 6 Hrs 59 Mins 2014 

Your Races

• 8/26/18 Maine 70.3

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 10/26/17
  • Complete the Trial Testing Week, save your Bike and Run Zones to the My Zones Page.
  • On 10/23/2017 Load the -- Run Durability Plan 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/19/2017
  • On 11/20/2017 Load the -- Run Durability 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/17/2017
  • On 12/18/2017 Load the -- Run Durability 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/14/2018
  • On 1/8/2018 Load the Beginner OutSeason (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/15/2018
  • On 4/16/2018 Load the -- Swim Camp to end on 4/29/2018
  • On 4/30/2018 Load the Beginner Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks to end on 06/10/2018
  • On 5/28/2018 Load the -- Half Plan to end on 8/26/2018
  • On 8/27/2018 Load the -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 9/23/2018
  • On 9/24/2018 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 10/21/2018

Coach Notes

How to Train This (And Every Fall) Inside Endurance Nation,

GroupMe Chat for RDP 

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/adc9cziqil

Contact Points

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. You can schedule all calls with me for these times online here. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)
  • Coach Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)
  • End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)
  • End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your “gap” and Year Two (to be announced)

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website
We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / 0-- First 30 Days on EN.  If you have any trouble, don’t hesitate to reach out via the chat icon on the main Members website here.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

RACE EXECUTION and how we can help you get faster by being smarter on race day. There are no medals for great swims or getting to the top of a hill first — on race day only your finish time counts. There are many ways of being faster, and here are some of the resources we have to help you out.

- The Four Keys of Race Execution Video: The Coaches walk you through the macro level elements of a successful race.

- Distance Specific Guidance: Learn the fundamentals of racing Short Course and Long Course events, from each discipline to pacing zones, etc.

- Race Specific Pages: We have aggregated information on specific races from the internet, race reports and even our own coaching resources. You can find your race Master Racing Page section.  

- The Race Forums:  You can search for race reports or connect with your teammates. There are sections for 70.3, 140.6, and Marathons.

Your Homework

Tell Us Why You Choose EN & Your Season Goals

• Please reply below with WHY you chose Endurance Nation and WHY you train/compete.
  • Whenever possible, please identify your goals -- time, body composition, completion...the sooner you put them down the sooner we can get towards achieving them. 

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

@GEORGE PETTY

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Coach Notes

OK, your season is set up to IMAZ 2019 (going to be a massive team event, for sure!). I have used the Bike Focus block this year as your "difference maker" -- really want you to consider being as single-sport focused as you can during that time, ok?

Let me know what you think!

Your Races

• Ironman Arizona (2019-11-24) #IMAZ_19

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 11/27/2018
    • On 11/26/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/23/2018
    • On 12/24/2018 Load the -- Run Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/20/2019
    • On 1/7/2019 Load the OutSeason (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/14/2019
    • On 4/15/2019 Load the Swim Camp to end on 4/28/2019
    • On 4/29/2019 Load the -- Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks to end on 6/9/2019
    • On 6/10/2019 Load the Get Faster Training Plan, 10wks to end on 8/18/2019
    • On 8/19/2019 Load the EN*Full Run Focused to end on 11/2/2019
    • On 11/3/2019 Load the -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 11/30/2019
    • On 12/1/2019 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/28/2019
    • On 12/29/2019 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/25/2020
    • On 1/26/2020 Load the -- Run Durability 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 2/22/2020

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

PS - Let's update your profile picture when you get the chance…it really helps the Team to "get to know you" a lot better. 

You can do that by following this animated GIF (below)…good luck!