Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Bridget Pichette Official Coach Thread

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Your Notes

Hello Coach,
Bridget Pichette from New Hampshire checking in! I'm back after a 3 yr hiatus from hard exercise primarily due to work, but a rough race in Kona 2014 took a lot out of me. Last year I did a few olympics & many sprints (placed 1 or 2nd in my age group in every race). Did B2VT last year also. This will be my 4 OS and I'm finally ready to work hard again. I hope to recover my old fitness levels for 2019 as I age up & hoping to drive for another IM in 2019 (fall IM for Kona redemption in 2020) so I'm keeping this year simple so far with only two half IM unless impulse takes over and I sign up for more. Looking forward to starting again. I have been consistently running. I'm selecting intermediate to start, but I may shift to advance as my fitness returns. 

Your Races

- 06/24/18 White Mountains Tri 70.3

- 09/09/18 Pumpkinman 70.3 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

•  Last updated by Coach on 01/12/2018
  • On 1/8/2018 Load the OutSeason (Run Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/15/2018
  • On 4/16/2018 Load the Intermediate EN*Half to end on 06/24/2018
  • On 6/25/2018 Load the -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 7/8/2018
  • On 6/25/2018 Load the Advanced EN*Half to end on 9/9/2018
  • On 9/10/2018 Load the -- Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 9/16/2018

Coach Notes

GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!!!!!  I like the Half Focus and encourage you to start slow with the intensity in the OutSeason Plan. There are three phases, so you can build from L1 (Beginner) to a more sustainable level. You have a long year ahead and, let's face it, you're going to do a lot of hard work!!! :smile:   I'd like you to keep the B2VT or similar epic cycling on the calendar, and I wouldn't shy away from a late season 13.1 if you think you'd be up for it. Might be a good idea to challenge your system with other stuff so you manage to get a full year of mid distance under your belt before the IM obsession settles in!!

Schedule a call when you can: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min  

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

@Bridget Pichette -

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply. 

Coach Notes

So good to have you back in the groove. They're excited to hear that you have a new trainer, we spend an incredible amount of time on Zwift, and I think you will enjoy training with the team there. You can join our chat group, I suggest you muted, to learn more and to connect with the team When they are online: GroupMe EN Zwift Chat

I have you doing the run durability plan to get back into things, and you're welcome to cycle on the weekends as much as you like. You will start the off-season and really hit it hard for the first 10 weeks. And we transitioned over to the Half iron plan. While the bike distance is a little short, you can supplement by adding an easy ride on Friday, and extending the Saturday ride. You and I can do this together by modifying your workouts in Final Surge.

Please set up a call with me when you get the chance: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min

Your Races

• 05/04/2019 ITU World Triathlon Long Distance Ponteverde, Spain 

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on the Training Plan page by clicking the Move / Change button. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

• Last updated by Coach on 12/14/2018
    • On 12/10/2018 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 1/6/2019
    • On 1/7/2019  Load the    OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 04/14/2019
    • On 3/11/2019 Load the    EN*Half Bike Focused  to end on 5/5/2019
    • On 5/6/2019  Load the    Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks) to end on 05/19/2019

Your Notes

Just starting to get back into Ironman after a few years post Kona. In 2018 I completed 2 half ironmans: Pumpkinman 70.3 Sept 10th, time: 5:15 (swim - 37:11, bike - 2:37, run - 1:56)

Miami Man 70.3 Nov 11th, time: 5:40 (swim - 44:28, bike - 2:38, run - 2:12) - super hot for run, bad swimCurrent fitness is in maintain mode, just bike & running. Last 5k 7:44min pace. No swimming. Just got new Wahoo kickr to give Zwift a try.  I'm ready to recommit to training this spring.  Additional races considering: Pumpkinman 2019 Half, Chattanooga IM

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P