Homeโ€บ Races & Places ๐Ÿโ›บ

Ironman Indian Wells 2018

I know its early ...but anyone planning on doing Palm Springs IM 70.3 style this first year?ย  I did HITS and was going back to do the revised bike but..... will be doing IM brand (shame on me ;/ ) race.
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm planning to do it. My brother winters in Palm Springs, so... 2 birds.ย ;)

Actually, I had considered doing HITS. How was it?
  • I did it '16 with the "Big Climb". The winds are rough....ย  and the water is low 50ish.ย  HITS changed back to "boring and flat" (rough pavement) that was a complaint about bike before 2016. I didn't mind the climb per se....but on the decent the road was blocked with cars and got hung up doing <10mph and forced to illegally pass cars etc.ย  Cold in AM and HOT by afternoon -will be same for IM.ย  Will be different roads so maybe better pavement?

I stared a 70.3 thread so others may post there - I heard 2017 had really low #s... a shame. I've liked the low key HITs races (Napa x2 and Lake Havasu x1 as well)ย 

• @ Scott Imlay, So I haven't seen anyone else pop up here?!

Looks to be flat n fast....

Swim is BITTER COLD booties and neoprene cap

Winds could suck (BBS shows historically headwind on the way back (slight grade uphill last 1/3rd))

If HITS is still around in 2019 I may do it/ or come as a coach for my Bro-inlaw for his first HIM distance -maybe do the OLY or sprint as a training day as it will be soon too after IMAZ for a HIM or anything serious.

Will be getting rooms locked in soon....

Im now doing this as a "plan to at least hit around my PRs vs Compete for a WC slot....too many interruptions and injury/illness issues. feeling OK-ish all things considered.

• @David Howard, unfortunately I won't be able to make it to Indian Wells. My daughter is in the hospital and I don't know if she'll be healthy by then.

Have fun!

• @Scott Imlay - hope all is ok with your daughter...

• Thank you @scott dinhofer! She's a very sick young lady, but is slowly improving.