Homeβ€Ί Races & Places πŸβ›Ί
Options

Vermont GRAVEL Fest August 22 - 25 - sign up Jan1

Tossing this out there as an unofficial Camp for those that might be interested in joining me. sign up for this event is Jan 1 and it will likely sell out same day. This is year one of a new event being run by a group (Vermont Overland) that has a number of highly successful events including the Sunday finale to gravelfest - The Overland - that caps out at 600 people. Gravelfest registration INCLUDES The Overland. Note, many of these "roads" are the same paths used by the VT 100 ultra.

Gravelfest - camp out for 4 days, ride every day and ride on Vermont "Pave" which are class four roads, mainly and some singletrack.

Bikes - best to use or rent a gravel bike if you don't own one, 29er MTBs are a good option as well.

Camping out? or Glamping? My VT house is about 20 mins from the site. I am thinking of two options for this.

1-just set up a campsite and suck it up like everyone else. There will be a great vibe here and no doubt lots of camaraderie to be built in the hours of 350 gravel hippies hanging out. We can go to my house after the last event and shower up.

2-Set up a "day site" with tent/ awning, chairs, cooler, etc and sleep at my house. We would ideally get up, take coffee to go and get to the site early to join the village and just go back later at night to sleep. (and shower). If we use my house, I would ask people to contribute coffee, etc and throw $ in a hat for my cleaner to take care of the place after we leave, otherwise, it's free.

please add to this thread if interested. The sign up is Jan 1.

You can read all about Gravelfest here and the Overaland here - watch the overland video on that page as well as these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGp4ioa0eyM&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTScZp4-ehY

also read about the creator, Peter Vollers -here, he's got an interesting history.

Comments

• Options

Looks interesting IF I don't do an Ironman this year.

• Options

@Mark Stahlkopf THE issue is that you will have to sign up for this on Jan1 when it opens. I am reasonably sure it will sell out in a matter of days if not on that day. I have a few locals that may do it, waiting to see if anyone commits to all 4 days. As of now I am in for the queen ride, The Overland until others buy in.