Homeโ€บ Announcements ๐ŸŽ™
Options

TRP, Stryd & Hills

In the OS "Hills" running workout Final Surge says to run at 2-3% at TRP and gives me the same power number as I have running TRP on the flats. Is the intent to establish a Pace on the treadmill at TRP Power (240w for me) then raise the treadmill to 2-3% and maintain that Pace? or just run at the same Power at a 2-3% incline?

Thanks!

Pat

Comments

• Options

I would just keep the pace the same. That's what I actually did. If you are worried that the effort is too hard you could check your wattage during the interval and as long as it was no higher then about 280's I would be happy. If it is much higher then I might slow the pace just a little. It should be harder then flat TRP. Hope that helped.

• Options

Thanks @Robert Sabo

I forgot that Stryd doesn't account for incline only change in altitude so the Power is unchanged at a given pace. Although my HR does come up.

I appreciate the help!

Pat

• Options
    edited January 28, 2019 4:37AM

@Pat Morton You may have to use your Stryd iPhone app for this. Once your Stryd is paired to your phone, you have to use the Stryd App instead of Gamin. Once you start your run on your phone app, you have to manually increase the incline on your phone app as you increasing the incline on your thread mill.