Home General Training Discussions
Options

JOS 2019 Run Thread - Week 14 - Closing it Out

Well this is it, the final week of the OS. Time to test our legs to see what gains we have made across the bike and run. I think most of us have been feeling the fatigue build up over the last few week and are looking forward to testing, and then getting a bit of recovery. But look at all those gains we have made and the foundation we have laid out for our upcoming season. Gratz to all on the all the work we have done over this years OS. way to push it!

Key Run Points to Consider for Week 14:

• Test and give it what you can. See if you can find a 1/2 marathon to do your final testing on in the next few weeks. (last weeks thread had some discussion on pacing strategy)
  • Recover in the next couple weeks and let your body soak in the training of the last few months
  • Update your training zones & plans for whatever comes next

Its been great working and talking with you all over the last 14 weeks, and I hope you all the best in your upcoming season.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Patrick Hayden Thanks for leading the JOS run thread over the last 14 week. I wish I'd been more active.

For the record I got in 3 35' sessions this week to close it out. Still walking some particularly after hammering my knee and causing some pain but on the mend.

• Options

Thanks all for a great OS, hope you got the consistency, gains, etc. that you were looking for.

Don't forget to get that 1/2 marathon knocked out and to update your training plans with whatever comes next.

I wish you all good luck in this year's races. You have definitely laid the foundations for a successful year!

@Gordon Cherwoniak - way to keep at it, and hope you mend soon

• Options

@Patrick Hayden Thanks for leading the running portion of the JOS this year. My half is coming up in two weeks.

Best of luck to everyone in their upcoming endeavors this year!