Home Races & Places 🏁⛺
Options

Carl's The Speed Project

Comments

• Options

great report!

• Options

@Carl Alleyne this makes the Ragnar I did a few years ago seem like child's play! Impressive. Congratulations on surviving the race and maintaining some very impressive pace numbers under less than ideal conditions while carrying a lot of fatigue and tiredness. I enjoyed reading the write-up. One question, how did you handle nutrition during your "off" time and did you stick to real food or gels, electrolytes, etc?

• Options

love it ! you are so lucky running through Death Valley - you could pace us during Badwater next year !

• Options

@Dave Tallo Thanks a lot!

@Francis Picard hahah. I don't know about all of that lol!

@Jeff Phillips That's an awesome question. I don't think there's a real precedent on how to eat and drink for this type of race. I tried drinking as much as I could and eat when I got hungry early on. I would then forget to eat (bananas, boiled eggs, turkey jerky, granola bars) and found myself only drinking my infinite solution. I then noticed my piss was brown so I switched to just water. After a while I lost my appetite. I would eat a couple bites of a granola bar in between intervals. However, even though I was losing a lot of water I thought I decent job of drinking water/infinit but def could've drank a lot more. I think the lack of fluids definitely contributed to muscle tightness between run segments.

• Options
    edited April 11, 2019 5:00PM

awesome adventure.  Amazing pace.  Cant' wait to see you and @mau

• Options

do an ironman.

• Options

Great race report. Thanks for sharing. Sorry it didn't go as planned...you guys had a series of unfortunate events, but sounds like you had a ton of fun (and suffering), learned a lot about multi-day relay races, learned more about yourself and your running potential. Congrats!

• Options

@Robert Sabo 2020....maybe lol

@Derrek Sanks Thanks!

• Options

@Carl Alleyne Great report! You've got speed in those legs. So glad you weren't lost for too long 😊

• Options

@Sheila Leard Thanks!........me too! I'm starting to think me getting lost is all my fault hahaha.