Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Robert White Official Coaches Thread

Here's your personal Coach Thread. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll (Coach Patrick) will see them and reply.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Comments

• Options

@ROBERT WHITE are you ready to get started? Reply here when you get a chance so I know that you are logged into the forums.

~ Coach P

• Options

I am logged in and ready.

Thanks

• Options

@ROBERT WHITE -

Here's your Season Roadmap, as promised. As a PlanEN athlete, you only get this resource completed once per season, so let’s get this right!

Coach Notes

Ok, all your plans are locked and loaded in Final Surge!! We will tweak your training now to target GC with the Bike Focused plan, then recovery, build the bike for a bit as a strategic play. Mid Summer is the Get Fast plan (you can do some shorter races here if you like, or some longer rides) before we return to the Run Focused half plan to close out the year.  I think you’ll find the structure really effective, the key is just making the plan sync with life as you know it. Keep me posted on what you think. If you have questions, please ask me in the Final Surge inbox and I’ll get back to you!

Your Races

• Ironman 70.3 Gulf Coast (2019-05-11) #70.3GC_19
    • Ironman 70.3 Waco (2019-11-17) #70.3Waco_19

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Final Surge Platform at any time, and you can learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page. If you need to load particular weeks into Final Surge, here’s how you can that without cluttering up the calendar.

• Last updated by Coach on 04/09/2019
    • On  4/8/2019    Load the    EN Half Bike Focused    to end on 5/12/2019
    • On  5/13/2019   Load the    Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)   to end on 05/26/2019
    • On  5/27/2019   Load the    Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks   to end on 07/07/2019
    • On  7/8/2019    Load the    Get Faster Training Plan, 10wks to end on   09/15/2019
    • On  8/26/2019   Load the    EN Half Run Focused to end on   11/17/2019
    • On  11/18/2019  Load the    Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)   to end on 12/01/2019
    • On  12/2/2019   Load the    Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks  to end on 12/29/2019

Your Notes

IM 70.3's (Augusta 5:35, Haines City 6:02, Racine, wi 5:30, Austin, tx 5:27, Muncie, in 5:30, Steelhead, MI 5:52, Boulder, CO 5:25, Chatt, TN 5:44, Santa Rosa, CA swim cancelled but would have been about 5:30 ish).

IM 140.6's (Chatt, TN 12:47, FL 12:10, Chatt, TN 13:12 (104 heat index).

Current fitness is at at good base and feeling healthy less a few sensitive areas.Swim approx 1.5 hrs per week

Bike approx 4-5 hrs per week

Run approx 18 miles per week

Part One: Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.  

Your First Season Inside Endurance Nation

Our top two goals are to get you training with our plans and learning how to race Endurance Nation style. Synchronizing you with the Final Surge Log will ensure you are doing the right work at the right time. With this momentum in place, our goal is to educate you (via the Racing Section) on what it means to put together the best possible race. While you don’t have access to all of our resources in the PlanEN level, you can still prepare for your best possible race!

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and learning opportunities to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

You can reply to this message anytime to engage with me! 👍

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach Patrick

• Options

@ROBERT WHITE - I was just posting your Roadmap above so we had it.

Short Term Planning

• Read up on our Half Race Execution stuff here. Lots of good stuff and it will accelerate our conversation
    • Get the swim up to speed - the last two weeks is a great time to get in 2 to 3 swims per week. Don't be shy...it will make a difference for the race and I am 100% okay with you dropping a short run (or two) to make the swim happen if need be.
    • One more decent bike this Saturday on 5/4....call it 2.5 hours with the first hour easy, last 90' at goal race effort, then a short brick. Sunday can be off.

Let me know you got this!

~ Coach P

• Options

Got it. Thanks

• Options

Hello Coach. I have been out of the training mode for the last month and wondered if you can reset my training plan for Waco starting this week?

Work and personal situations have been busy and resetting the 70.3 plan would help.

Thanks,

Robert

• Options

Already done. Thanks for using our chat system so I could help you as quickly as possible. Let me know if you need more assistance getting on track.

~ Coach P