Home Announcements 🎙

The New Endurance Nation Forum Layout (March 2019)

New Flat Forum Structure (image below)

After a great deal of thinking and planning with your fellow Teammates (here) We have a vastly consolidated forum interface, but rest assured all of your awesome content is still in there.  

It just means when someone comes to the forums, they only have a few decisions to make...not a “is this a power question or a power about racing question or just a race question???” type of decision.

For new folks this might be a simple decision...but for the veterans you might be a bit confused. Here’s a quick table to show you where your old stuff lives now

Announcements - all things from official EN including stuff about sponsors, events, deals, etc.

Training Forum - These are all your training related questions. It includes a ton of former mini forums as you’ll see below. If you have training related question, you’ll put it in here and then use the TITLE and TAGS To make sure that others can find your topic (now and for eternity). See below for Title and Tag Tips!

• Question & Answer Central 🙋
  • General Training Discussions
  • Run Durability 👟
  • Marathon & Half Marathon Forum 🏆
  • The Short Course Forum
  • Ultra Racing
  • The Epic Forum ⛰️
  • Power and Pace ⚡
  • Nutrition 🍽️
  • The Get Faster Forum 🚀
  • Boomers and Beyond: 50-ish & Crushing It
  • Medical Help Forum 🚑
  • Gear Forum ⚙️
  • All Things Training Plans
  • Contribute: Resources & More
  • Women's Training and Racing
  • November OutSeason (NovOS)
  • December OutSeason (DecOS)
  • January OutSeason (JanOS)
  • February OutSeason (FebOS)

The Community Forum - This is where all of our social, off-topic conversations happen. Stories, memories, vacation planning, life...it all goes here.

The Coaching Forum - This is where you can find your Official Coach Thread and get direct coaching advice. Sometimes your question is best pushed to the Team (something general about the plan such as “what are these runs for?”) while sometimes it’s best for a coach (something specific to you and your personal situation such as “can I add two runs a week to hit 40 miles in my peak run volume training?”).

The Racing Forum - This is where we put all of our race execution related things. From race plans to race reports, this is where we connect to get smarter and support one another around races!

Races and Places - This is for race selection (aka  How awesome is Chattanooga to race?) and for training camp information (TeamEN totally took over Moab this weekend!). Basically if it’s about a location or an event that happened for the Team, it lives here.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Search, Tags and Titles...Oh My!

Now when you write a post, you should be very descriptive in the title. So no more “That One Time That Thing Happened” posts. Try “I Rode My Bike Over Independence Pass, Twice, Which Is Why I am More Badass Than Jeremy Behler” to get clicks.

Also, you will want to use the Tags functionality (located below your post) to add some categorization elements to the post. So a post Troubleshooting your stryd powermeter would have tags such as: Running, Run with Power, Stryd, Troubleshoot for example. You have up to 8 tags that you can use, and the system will suggest them to you as you type (if needed). You would use tags to identify a specific race (Ironman, Lake Placid, IMLP) or a nutrition question (Nutrition, hydration, skratch, low calorie) for example.

If all else fails, remember you can also use the Forum Search Bar on the forum homepage!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Other Benefits

(1) Preview mode for new posts (new) - This is great for the Recent Discussions page...

(2) No More AutoLog Out (new) - Yes, the forum still saves your draft posts just in case, but with AutoLogOut disable, you shouldn’t be booted!

(3) EN Forums are super mobile friendly (New To You) -  In fact, I think the mobile interface is actually easier to use. Just dial up the forums on your smartphone and leave the tab open!

(4) You can track and reply to forum posts via email. Click the red star in the forum image above to subscribe to that thread. You will get email updates from this thread and can reply from your email program to participate. Power User Tip...when you reply, select all the info in the compose box to delete all the included forum code, otherwise it will be appended to your reply which is messy).

Thanks for your patience and support!

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments