Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

EN Wiki Scrub Project

Team, this is the final part of our epic 2019 process to clean up Endurance Nation.

We've already updated the Forums and the Dashboard....thank you to all of you who have helped and those of you who have been so complimentary of the progress!!! 🙏

This last step is perhaps this most complicated - the goal is to sort through the resources in the Wiki and see what Needs to be:

• Retained vs Trashed
  • Of the Retained, what needs to be Updated or Not
  • What's missing.

I am sure we can come up with a pretty decent process. You don't have to tackle the whole thing; you might just want to pick a section like Swim or Run, etc.

If you are interested, please reply to this thread and we'll set up a call to discuss later this month. Thanks!!!

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

Once I'm done with Boulder and the Vt Camp, I'll have a free calendar thru August, so I'm ready to help with this, seeing as how it's been aggravating me for about 5 years now!

• Options

I'm always willing to help.

• Options

Yes, there is some updating that needs to be done in the nutrition section. I'd be glad to help.

• Options
    edited June 10, 2019 2:56PM

Sweet all..thank you! I think @Scott Giljum Has plenty of time and so too does @Steve boer Maybe a few others can join in ? Let's plan on reconnecting at the end of June then!

Here is the calendar invite from Zoom:

Patrick McCrann is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Wiki Scrub KickOff Call

Time: Jun 25, 2019 9:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

https://zoom.us/j/2572877525

One tap mobile

+16465588656,,2572877525# US (New York)

+16699006833,,2572877525# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location

+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

Meeting ID: 257 287 7525

Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abCYIgwEKw

• Options

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to attend last night's Zoom meeting. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

• Options

@Al Truscott @matt limbert @Bill Manard @scott dinhofer @Janyne Kizer @Sheila Leard

Team! I agree that Step One of this wiki scrub project is to punish @Janyne Kizer for missing the meeting 🤣🤣🤣

Here is a list of all the wiki pages. I know that @Al Truscott was talking about deleting the duplicates pages, but the CRAZY thing is, they are just double listed. If you click on the link to get info, they go to the same page. I think it was something wonky with the site. 

1. I could delete the page and recreate a new, single page, with that info instead. But I think step one is to identify the pages from the list that we DO NOT WANT. 
    2. Once we purge those pages, we are left with a set of "useful" pages we can categorize. 
    3. The exercise of categorizing will show us what we have and what we need. 
    4. Then we can figure out how to get what we need, while also updating and properly tagging the stuff we want. 

That’s the progression I see…and here is the document. It’s open to all, so play nice.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1poTX2RmIX-1U0uK9PDYZ5Q_fHtLP1pS8690K9GH07gM/edit#gid=0

I haven’t set any guidance in the sheet with how to organize the pages, I am leaving it to @Al Truscott to start…

~ Coach P

• Options
    edited July 1, 2019 4:39PM

OK, New Month, I started on the Wiki list:

• I created four new columns in the Google Doc: Duplicated, Delete, Update, Rename

• I went through the first 35 entries; took me 30 minutes.

• I read or skimmed each, tried links with, clicked on videos...

• I placed an "X", "?", and/or comments where I thought appropriate

Anybody else want to jump in and help, go for it; if I keep up at this pace, it will take 2-3 weeks to finish the review

@matt limbert @scott dinhofer @Sheila Leard @Bill Manard @Janyne Kizer @Coach Patrick

• Options

Oh, further thought: If you suggest a new name, THINK CAREFULLY! IMO, the FIRST word in the title should be the key to the search. E.g., someone looking to swim faster will not necessarily be looking for "9 Steps To A Faster IM Swim", or someone looking to modify a Marathon Plan for Boston will not be looking for "Adjusting Marathon Plan..."

Look at the new titles I;ve chose, and decide for yourself If I've got the right idea here; I'm open to anything which makes it easier to find what one is looking for.

• Options

Thanks, @Al Truscott! I'll dig in over the next few days.

• Options

We're up to #83/511...

• Options

Thru the D's/104

• Options

I can give it a peek over this weekend.

• Options

Thru 156/Hip

• Options

Thur "H"/163

• Options

The four items below will require more than just updating sections of the post. . I will take one at a time and make it brief and up to date.

206 IM Race Nutrition Review

235 Monitoring hydration

242 Nutrition Central - Core Diet is outdated

320 Body Comp

• Options

THANK YOU ALL

This is so epic...I see a bunch of things that need to be "formally" moved out to the front of the site, like short course execution. I found a bunch of duplicates and will be looking through this again tomorrow. ONWARDS! 💪

• Options

You mention that the Core Diet is outdated. Does that mean that the "Race Fueling Webinar (Jesse Kropelnicki)" is also outdated? (line 343 of the spreadsheet)

• Options

@Janyne Kizer I don't think the Race Webinar is out of date, but I trust @Sheila Leard will help us when it comes time to figure out how to proceed.

In the meantime I say we put a deadline on closing this out, I hit a bunch more today…do we want to say by Monday 7/22 and then I can compile a DELETE vs UPDATE list?

• Options

Monday the 22nd sounds good. It looks like the list is pretty complete up to R and mostly complete after that.

• Options

Went thru and added some comments. It looks like update or delete is all the way to Z. Updates will take some time.

The Race Fueling Webinar just needs some clarification on a few points.

• Options

Thanks, @Sheila Leard!

Yes, we're looked at nearly all of the pages. Actually, I'll be we have looked at all of the pages but left some spaces in the spreadsheet unmarked.