Home New Member [First Month]
Options

Patti Thompson New Member Forum [PlanEN]

Here's your Season Roadmap, as promised. As a PlanEN athlete, you only get this resource completed once per season, so let’s get this right!

The intent of this plan is to give you a guide as to how you can use our training plans to achieve your goals. You have access to all EN Plans via the Final Surge platform (more plans are added all the time) as well as our resources and other relevant items. Our goal is to help you become the best Self Coached Athlete you can be.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• 07/21/2019 New Jersey State Olympic Aquabike
  • 09/15/2019 Atlantic City 70.3 Half Aquabike

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one).  You can change your plans on the Final Surge Platform at any time, and you can learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page. If you need to load particular weeks into Final Surge, here’s how you can that without cluttering up the calendar.

• Last updated by Coach on 6/14/2019
  • On  6/10/2019   Load the --  Bike Focus Block, 6 Weeks   to end on 7/21/2019
  • On  7/22/2019   Load the --  AquaBike, 12wks to end on   9/15/2019
  • On  9/16/2019   Load the --  Post Half Iron Transition Plan, All Levels (2wks)   to end on 9/29/2019

Your Notes

Started this year with sprint triathlon now my big races are NJ State Aquabike and then Atlantic City Half Aquabike.Been riding 3x weekly mostly aerobic work, swimming 1-2 times per week, did a 2.4 mile OWS for the fun of it over the Memorial Day weekend.

Part One: Your First Month on the Team  

Your Support Team

I want to introduce you to @matt limbert, who will be providing support and training plan help in your first thirty days of membership. Our goal is to make your first month of Endurance Nation As simple and as awesome as possible.

Matt monitors the New Member Forum (here), and will communicate with you in your personal thread there over your first thirty days.

You can also set up a call with Matt to talk all things training, technology and Endurance Nation (click here to schedule). Matt is available during your first month to help you get up to speed with your plan, your basic schedule and all of our resources.

Your Homework

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome

Your First Season Inside Endurance Nation

Our top two goals are to get you training with our plans and learning how to race Endurance Nation style. Synchronizing you with the Final Surge Log will ensure you are doing the right work at the right time. With this momentum in place, our goal is to educate you (via the Racing Section) on what it means to put together the best possible race. While you don’t have access to all of our resources in the PlanEN level, you can still prepare for your best possible race!

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and learning opportunities to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

If you need to contact me, you can use the Chat Box at the top of the Final Surge page:

Questions

• Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!
  • Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach Patrick

Comments

• Options

@Patti Thompson Welcome back to EN! I am here to help you get started and interested to hear more about your Aquabike races and goals. We should set up a time to talk next week (click here to schedule). You can do some really cool stuff with Final Surge to set up your training zones and track your progress. There are some other folks that have some aquabike racing experience that I would like to introduce you to and Patrick has done some great coach video lessons on racing in the heat etc. Let me know how I can help.

• Options

Patti, nice work getting your Final Surge account all sync'd up. I see your bike workouts posted. If you want to track your swimming too - you might be interested in the Final Surge App. This might make it easier to add comments about how you felt, ate, weather etc (for the bike) and sets, paces etc (for the swim). Those are all super helpful to you as you track your progress, prepare and plan your Aquabike.

Final Surge | Mobile Apps

https://www.finalsurge.com/apps

A free online training log for athletes of all types including runners, triathletes, cyclists, swimmers and their coaches. Great for teams and clubs. Find coaches and training plans online!

It makes it super easy to add comments about your workout. Click on the "pencil" icon to tap "how I felt" or "perceived effort." Then add a few notes about what you ate/drank (helps to figure out what works best for you on the bike), how you felt mentally, the weather or any aches etc. Just a quick not goes a long way.

Those comments are really handy when you are comparing workouts, tailoring your own training, evaluating progress and planning for your.

Check out the short video to see all the features.

@Patti Thompson

• Options

Hey, Patti as an returning EN member you already know a lot about the community and the plans but so can you tell us more about your season goals for the aquabike? What will make you consider this season a success? And what is your biggest limiter right now?

@Patti Thompson

• Options

Hey Patti! Congratulations on your NJ State Championship Aquabike. On to Atlantic City!

It has be a fast 30 days. We would like to hear about your experience. Brenda Ross will contact you and she will talk to you about your plan and help you upgrade your membership to TeamEN if you are interested. TeamEN offers access to year one /race execution, including access to the extended library of Coach Patrick's video lessons, seminars and office hours, along with the all the best practices for training and racing, race reports and support from the entire EN team and community.

As a PlanEN member you will get a .pdf of this Coach Thread and continue to use Final Surge. You will have access to all EN Plans via the Final Surge platform (more plans are added all the time) as well as our resources and other relevant items. Our goal is to help you become the best Self Coached Athlete you can be.

You can still book a call with me here to talk all things training, technology and Endurance Nation (click here to schedule).

You can also book an End of Trial Call with Brenda to talk all things PlanEN and TeamEN here -- (set it up here)

@Patti Thompson

This discussion has been closed.