Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Bill Colleran Official Coach Thread

edited April 4, 2019 7:06PM in Coaching Forum 🧢

@Bill Colleran

Here's your updated Season Plan, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is my best outline of how to proceed with your races, but you can ask any / all questions you want. So post away, know that I reply here usually Monday & Friday each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Bill, sorry again for the mix up. I have you dialed in now, starting with the OutSeason Plan, level 1 run, level 2 bike workouts. Then you'll transition on June 3rd to the Full plan for 14 weeks...a bit of a build up. The key right now is the run consistency. As the weather gets nicer you can keep rolling a bit longer on the weekends and not worry about those intervals, but we do want the midweek stuff to be right on point. Sound good? Take a look at https://log.finalsurge.com/endurancenation/login and let me know!

Your Races

• Ironman Wisconsin (2019-09-15) #IMWI_19

Season Update

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won’t complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on within Final Surge by clicking on the Training Plans > View My Plans. If you need help manipulating your plans in Final Surge, be sure to check out our Help Site. Remember, you can learn more about each plan and find related plan resources on the Plan Descriptions and Resources page.

• Last updated by Coach on 04/04/2019
  • On 4/1/2019  Load the    OutSeason (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 7/7/2019
  • On 6/3/2019  Load the  -- EN*Full Bike Focused  to end on 9/8/2019
  • On 9/9/2019  Load the  -- Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 10/6/2019
  • On 10/7/2019 Load the  -- Run Durability for Triathletes 1 (9 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 11/3/2019

Your Notes

2017 70.3 Santa Rosa - 6:28.06

4 marathons - fastest was 4:05 in Pittsburgh 4 years ago

30 ish half marathons

multiple 5k-10K races

Few days a week run 3-5 miles and 30-45min Peleton ride 2-3 times a week.

Let's get to work!

~ Coach P

PS - Let's update your profile picture when you get the chance…it really helps the Team to "get to know you" a lot better.

You can do that by following this animated GIF (below)…good luck!

Comments

• Options

Coach. Looks good. I do need to make some biking modifications with my work schedule, but I am sure we can talk about that during our call. I am also wanting to add a 70.3 in there somewhere as well as a local sprint race that is popular around where I live. I am sure we can talk more about that. I look forward to working with you.

Bill

• Options

@Bill Colleran PERFECTO! In the meantime..let's get that profile picture of you up there man!!! Instructions in my post ^above^ .... 🤣

• Options

@Bill Colleran -

Following up on our call...

Background

• Recently moved back from CO...
    • Pilot from JetBlue...
    • Put on Weight, needs a change....things got ugly...

Theme: Natural runner...... Collegiate background is Hockey...morphing to triathlete.

Key Race: June 22nd, White Mountain Triathlon as 70.3.

To Do Items:

• Early check in race nutrition.
    • Pick up long rides, such as the VT Gran Fondo...

OVERALL: Six Weeks Goal to get you back....And you are HALF WAY THERE!!! 💪

Short Term:

Let me know what you need in the next few weeks. Here are two interim goals for you:

• One run in the 1h 20m range
    • One week with 80 to 100 miles of cycling. Could be 20, 40, 40 (Sat and Sun long) but it will really boost your fitness.

Please keep me posted!

~ Coach P

• Options

Hi Coach.

Couple quick things. First I am just starting to get over the flu. I haven't even been able to think working out in the past few days. I am going to give it a slow go tomorrow.

Secondly, the key race this year is IM WI on Sept 8th. I think for now I am going to bag the White Mountain Tri and enjoy the summer with the family.

Thanks,

Bill Colleran

• Options
    edited May 10, 2019 2:36PM

Bill, I think that’s probably a good idea with white lake being so early. You will probably need 3 to 4 weeks just to get back into a groove, I’m happy to go through that with you and get you set up with a better re-integration plan. You can reply here or set up a call with me: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min

• Options

Hi Patrick.

Finally feeling close to 90% myself after the flu and quickly followed up with allegeries/cold. I went from hero to zero I felt. I am going to try and get a run/bike session in tomorrow and maybe a few laps in the pool. I'll report back on how I feel and see if we need to change things up.

Bill

• Options

perfect. Remember that coming back is hard to do. The goal he will he to just get a couple consistent days and so that your system “reactivate“ which will help you get back on track.

In other words, don’t judge yourself on the performances in the first two sessions. The whole point is just to get you back at it!

• Options

Hey Coach. Well I don't know how to put this but I had to bag IM WISC this year. It was just not in the cards. Life got in the way of working out and I am just too far behind to get it. I am not really sure which direction to go now. I have a sprint I can run on Sept 22, but just not 100%. I want to keep working out but get into something 3-4 days a week to keep me going until I can figure what is next. Do you have a plan that you can recommend to keep me going forward by any chance? I think getting the kids back in school and having time for myself again to work out may be a big booster.

thanks.

Bill

• Options

@Bill Colleran I think the next best option is for us to actually quickly talk on the phone instead of playing a bit of a guessing game here in the forums. There’s got tons of options for you depending on the direction that you might end up going this fall.

Don’t sweat the decision, better to make it early then have a made for you on race day. When you get a chance, shoot me a text and we can connect this week: 6175133830