Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Seminar - Thursday August 15th 6 PM PST.. Revist the BOOMER discussion

Revisit the Boomer discussion on how to modify workouts, how much HITTS is really necessary to avoid VO2 decline, thoughts on a 2 week on - one week off training plan to promote less fatigue.

As the population of Master Athletes increases we are forging the way on how to stay in the game longer. More studies are looking at athletes over the age of 50. But, we are our own lab and in the trenches on executing what works!

Here are some topics to discuss in this seminar:

1. V02. Max HR, Aerobic capacity. What's going on how to modify HITTS and slow the slowing?
  2. Training cycle. Two weeks on one week off. Or, ten day cycle instead of seven when doing intensity/
  3. Muscles and Tendons. How to cross train to avoid overuse. Is this the secret to racing fast?
  4. Psychological. Yes, this is a topic. Self talk, smack talk, any talk that gets in the way of performance.
  5. Nutrition. How to modify with every decade past 40,50,60. Women and Men differ slightly.
  6. Medical. What labs should you be asking for. Bio-markers to watch. Medication that affects HR, RPE.

Off the top of my head a few of you come to mind that could contribute some solid information

@Rory Gumina @Tom Glynn  @Alicia Chase @Turby Wright @Patricia Rosen @EugenePartridge ??

Anyone that wants to contribute , please do! Lifelong athletes will one day be an OF ... over 40, over 50, old folks. What are your concerns?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Thanks for the reminder, @Sheila Leard I will try to join. Hiking tomorrow, but should be home in time. Been an interesting time for me—my husband had open heart surgery the end of March. He is doing very well, I am thankful for that, but it certainly changed my plans for racing this year. I’ve been working hard to maintain some base, and I’ve really taken advantage of the time away from training to race, to focus on training to be strong and injury-free, so I definitely have some thoughts on that to share. I’ve given a lot of thought to training cycles, also. And, of course, nutrition is the one code I still haven’t cracked—or I do, but then, my body changes again. Anyway, I plan to join—hopefully showered and not too wiped out!

• Options

Hmmm....ok, I know I’ve been out of the loop for awhile. Can’t find a link anywhere to join the seminar.