Home New Member [First Month]
Options

Jorge Fernandez Del Rio Coach Thread [PlanEN]

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Click to watch the video!

Your Races

• Ironman Florida (2019-11-02) #IMFL_19
  • 01/12/2020 Ironman Pucon 70.3
  • 05/31/2020 Ironman Brazil 140.6

Your Notes

Fortaleza 2014, 14:27:56. It was a long hard day. 

I need a rematch, to see if I can get to 12 hoursthe last 15 months I have had an average of 50 tss in trainiingpeak, and a lot of stress and work in my job,

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on July 27, 2019

• Last updated by Coach on 07/27/2019
  • On  7/29/2019   Load the     EN Full Bike Focused    to end on 11/3/2019
  • On  11/4/2019   Load the --  Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on   12/1/2019
  • On  12/2/2019   Load the --  EN Half Bike Focused    to end on 1/12/2020
  • On  1/13/2020   Load the --  Bike Focus Block, 2019 (6wks)   to end on 2/23/2020
  • On  7/29/2019   Load the     EN Full Run Focused to end on   5/31/2020
  • On  6/1/2020    Load the --  Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on   6/28/2020

Training Plan Support in Your First Month

You can connect with @matt limbert as needed in your first month to get dialed in with your training plans and data. You can set up a call with him online here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1 and he'll be on this thread shortly!

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

• What will make you consider this season a success?
  • What's your biggest limiter right now?

Start Learning

Every month we hold live events as part of our commitment to make you just as smart as you are fit. Feel free to visit our Coach Lesson page and our Office Hours page to find the next opportunity to connect with Coach Patrick and your Teammates.

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)
  • Training Plan Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)
  • End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)
  • End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

• Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!
  • General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the Q & A Central Forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?
  • Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!
  • Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.
  • Specific Questions about a Race or Power, etc? - You can post those into the General Discussion Forum and set the title or tags for that topic. Race questions to the Racing Forum, etc. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Comments

• Options

Jorge, We are all about the re-match. Our goal is to help you get as fit and as smart as we can for IM Florida. This is Coach Thread is the best way to get a hold of us.

For any questions you have getting started - chat with me here in this forum or schedule a call with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

Here are some easy steps to get the most out out your training plan, Coach Thread and Final Surge.

First, Power user tip! Click on the red star and check box just to the right of your thread title. This way you will get an email when you get a response in your Coach thread. See video here:

I'll monitor this thread for your first thirty days and help you get up to speed with your plan, your basic schedule, terminology, and all of our resources.

Next, getting setup in Final Surge. Coach Patrick has just made your season plan in Final Surge, so you can sync your Garmin or Strava (only one!) and get your workout data uploaded. (Chose Strava if you ride on Zwift.)

In Final Surge: Workouts -> Garmin / Device Upload

Then chose either Garmin or Strava. Just chose one, otherwise you will get double workouts recorded in Final Surge.

As you get all your tech setup (Connecting to Final Surge) either Garmin or Strava. Also consider downloading the Final Surge App. This might make it way easier to add comments about how you felt, ate, weather etc (for the bike) and sets, paces etc (for the swim). These comments will be super helpful to you in preparation for IM Florida. Getting smart about your pacing and nutrition is very personalized, so comments about how you felt, what you ate (before, during, and after) are really key to dialing in what works best for you - and then repeating it in your race rehearsals.

Final Surge | Mobile Apps

https://www.finalsurge.com/apps

It makes it super easy to add comments about your workout. Click on the "pencil" icon to tap "how I felt" or "perceived effort." Then add a few notes about what you ate/drank (helps to figure out what works best for you on the bike), how you felt mentally, the weather or any aches etc. Just a quick not goes a long way.

Those comments are really handy when you are comparing workouts, tailoring your own training, evaluating progress and planning for your ride. It also makes it easy to look at and plan for your upcoming workouts.

You can also setup Final Surge to send you emails with your workouts every day.

Let me know how I can help. I look forward to hearing more, helping you build your fitness and learn how to execution your race for IM Florida!

My goal is to make your first month of Endurance Nation as simple and as awesome as possible! Again, for any questions you have getting started - chat with me here in this forum or schedule a call with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

Talk with you soon.

Matt

• Options

Jorge, I saw you did a bike heart rate test on 9 July. Your average heart rate for the last 20 minutes was 165. You can use that number and update the rest of your bike workouts. I see that you already have power zones for the bike and heart rate zones for the run set in Final Surge too. You can use those zones update your workouts, so you don't have to remember the number targets for each zone.

If you update the workouts - the workout instructions change and give you customized target number to hit (i.e. 10' @ 145-155) instead of zone 3. I see that you already have power zones for the bike and heart rate zones for the run set in Final Surge too.

To customize your workouts with your specific zones in Final Surge:

https://www.endurancenation.us/help/final-surge-how-to-update-your-integrated-training-zones/

Endurance Nation -> Your Plan History ->

Look for "EN Full Bike Focused"

Select "Adjust Plan"

Select "Update My Zones"

Select "Bike" -> Select either: power (if you have a power meter) or heart rate

Select "Confirm"

Repeat the process for the run. Select either pace or heart rate.

My goal is to make your first month of Endurance Nation as simple and as awesome as possible! Again, for any questions you have getting started - chat with me here in this forum or schedule with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

I see you are are just outside Santiago, Chile. We can do a video conference call, instead of a phone call if that works better for you. I will send you a link to use after you schedule. Let me know how you can help.

• Options

Jorge, What happened to all your workouts in August? Do you want some help reloading the plan?

If you want to tackle it yourself checkout this link:

Check out "how to" video here:

• Options

@JORGE FERNANDEZ DEL RIO How are things going? I saw you closed your Final Surge account. Can we help you with anything?

This discussion has been closed.