Homeโ€บ Racing Forum ๐ŸŽ
Options

70.3 ideas

Happy birthday to me! New age group time!!!

My race bestie qualified last weekend for Taupo and has informed me that I 'totally have to go too.."

Sure. no prob.

Can anyone suggest a race that is guaranteed 70 and overcast, with a crystal clear lake swim ( with a cable please for sighting) with PERFECT roads, a downhill run and only 2 other people in my AG ( and the other two already qualified?)

Sincerely, I have Oceanside 70.3, Spain 140.6 and Penticton 140.6 on the books...anyone have a good race to give it a shot? I'm open to travel!

THANKS!

Liz

Comments

• Options

I loved Cartegena... might try that and it is an early race! It is a comfortable course but you need to be used to heat... I loved it!

• Options

Thanks!!!!! It does look DREAMY! :) I'll see if I can swing this!!

• Options

How about CDA? Lake is crystal clear. Run is flat. It is hot sometimes, but not always. Not sure where you are from but based on your other races I'm guessing travel would be easy. You have probably done it? Great venue!

• Options

I actually live in Rhode island, 'travel' seems to have become the theme for next year! lol!

That venue may work! 2 weeks before Spain, so just might be ideal! THANK YOU!

• Options

Awesome. Travel would be relatively easy. Fly into Spokane and CDA is less than hour. places to stay are in demand so plan early. CDA is a beautiful resort town in the mountains of North Idaho. I have raced here and trained here many times. I love it.