Home General Training Discussions
Options

NOS 2020 Run - Week 2

Well its already week 2 of the OS, so how did that first week feel for you?

This weeks run workouts will feel a lot like last weeks, with some slight differences on the Interval work.

Week 2:

• We stick with 4-5 runs per week dependent on which level you choose, you can do more if you like or are doing a run streak, but keep them easy.
  • Bike Focus – This week we do repeat 4x800, with differing levels of rest. These will likely push you a bit more then last weeks repeat 400s.
  • Run Focus – Hills are your strength training you will be doing 2x5-9 minutes depending on level. If your running outside go for cumulative hill time as listed in the main set.
  • Long runs – everyone will do 55-70 minutes for a long run on the weekend

Other Thoughts:

• Don't forget to look for a local 5k or Turkey trot you may want to target for run testing near the end of the month.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

So how is week two going? Did those hill repeats or repeat 800s feel better then last week? We still feeling fresh and eager for the OS?

Training is going well here. Anyone doing a run streak as part of the OS this year?

• Options

So far so good. I did the 4x800 on the TM this morning.

Legs are a bit heavy from the relay over the weekend but I really want to get on track with the NOS so I'm doing the fake it til you make it thing ;-)

• Options

Did my run today, outside, I save my TM runs for inclement weather as I love being outside. Found a nice area to do some repeats ( I had to break them up into 2 minutes as the "hill/rise" I was using wasn't to long). It worked out pretty well. Legs were a bit tired from yesterdays bike! Getting back in the swing of things, takes some getting used to!

• Options

Got my run in during lunch break. Three good climbs along the route.

6.2 miles in 56 minutes = feeling energized the rest of the afternoon.

• Options

Did my first couple of 800's and started to get some foot pain so made an audible and cut it short. Will go short for a few days and then slowly increase. Also, I had not paid attention that the intervals were supposed to be at TRP and I was hitting Z3-4 on the intervals. Overcooking is not a path to success for sure. I will look more closely in the future. First run in new shoes (same model, just new) and that felt better.

I ran on the flat track for intervals, When the foot feels better, I will hit the hills.