Homeβ€Ί Community Forum 🏠
Options

GARMIN WATCHES

I need input from y'all. My Garmin 910XT watch is dying (it is almost 10 years old). It is difficult to turn it on and off. It also was showing the charging screen off center when I was charging it. What are thoughts between the Forerunner 935 and 945? I'm not in need of major bells and whistles. I've read some pro's and con's in the Garmin comment section regarding cracked lenses and such.

Thoughts.......?? I was also wondering if it would be worth it to send my old watch in to see if they could fix it.

Thanks everyone!!

Comments

• Options

IMO, the only 'substantive' difference between the 935 and 945 is a better optical HR sensor on the 945. However, that's tempered by a worse GPS chip in the 945. The rest of the differences are "bells and whistles" (945 can play music over BT, has Garmin Pay and a few other minor things). From what I read, the 945 also still has the typical Garmin new device teething problems that are still being sorted. I was looking for a reason to upgrade my 935 a while back, and couldn't really find a compelling reason to do so.

• Options

I have the 935 and it totally works for me. I came from the 910 that I loved when I dropped it at the track while changing wrists after a workout. :( I went back but never found it.

• Options

Thanks for the input! They are on sale and I want to cash in the the savings!!

• Options

It partially depends on how long you want to keep it for as well and if you get new watch envy. The 935 is nice and works very well, I liked some of the features on the 945 so as I looked to replace my 910, I went with the newer model for those plus to try to future proof myself on updates, firmware, etc. for the next 5+ years. That way hopefully I will continue to get the updates for several years before no longer getting the new features.