Home General Training Discussions

NOS 2020 Run - Week 4

Week 4 is here and its time to knock out one last Interval session before we switch gears and test our fitness. We also have official word from Coach P that for those of us who are plan to test via a Turkey Trot or similar method that you should bike test on Tuesday (after Monday off) and Wednesday between them can be very light spin or a short run or rest. Don't forget to sign-up for the Turkey Trot Challenge, if you plan to test this way!

Week 4 :

• We stick with 4-5 runs per week dependent on which level you choose
  • Bike Focus – Our first foray into repeat 1,200s, with 3x1200 for everyone
  • Run Focus – The normal 2x6-10 minutes on the hills depending on level
  • Long runs – everyone will do 65-80 minutes for a long run on the weekend

So how is everyone feeling? We all settled into the routine now, which will get changed up a bit starting next week? How have you been doing the intervals/hill work, on the road/track or on the treadmill?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited November 19, 2019 7:13PM

Lunch run completed! Felt good. I noticed that my left-right balance (per the HRM-Tri strap) was wonky. I may need to keep on eye on that. Not sure if it's a precursor to anything but still.

• I have my little hill route that is about 450 ft of climb in a 5k. It is pretty much my go-to. Twice around for 10k with 900 feet of elevation which is pretty solid. No foot pain recently so that is a bonus. Gonna squeeze in a longer run today since I biked yesterday.

• I got the intervals done this morning. It went better than expected! Maybe the turkey trot will go OK after all!

• Keep up the great work @Janyne Kizer and @Ralph Moore got a few more workouts in myself and feeling pretty good here.

• 7.5 K with 80 m of gain in the dark today. It is going to be a mostly bike weekend due to rain and being on call this weekend so I tried to get one in early. Legs are feeling a bit sore these days but getting it done.

• Nice job, @Ralph Moore!

I had a dog run this morning. Zoe, my 4 yo golden retriever, is getting better at the strides. I give her "fast" and "easy" commands and I do the strides in an area where she loves to run fast on the grass anyway. She was in a great mood post run -- doggie endorphins for sure!