Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions
Options

NOS 2020 Run - Week 10

Well its test week and we are wrapping up the holiday week. Hope you are all doing well, I know its been crazy for me and I am hoping week 11 will have things starting to normalize again, without so much running around.

If your following the plans this week it will look like the following:

Bike Focus:

• 5/6/6 are the numbers to remember for # of times to run this week (note: lv2s this is an extra one for you)
  • Intensity: 5k test
  • Weekend: You run after the bike for 75-95 mins on Sunday so up 5 mins for everyone

Run Focus

• 5/5/6 are the number to remember for the # of times to run this week
  • Intensity: 5k test
  • Weekend: you run both Sat and Sun, with Sat @ - 1:30 on the long run with z3 work and Sun @ - 45 post the C&C ride

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Wow, it is crickets up in here. All that I can say is that I was successful in the Holiday run challenge as far as consistency but running with my kids had me way off of my usual pace so lots of long runs with little threshold time. Going to try and keep my run streak alive for the entire year. We will see how long that lasts.

• Options

Redemption from FTP test fail!

1/1/2020 at the track. 8 miles with a 5K test in the middle. The 5K was 25:06 or an 8:06 pace overall. Tough but I wasn't yet puking. Splits for pace and watts (stryd) were very flat. The Stryd app calculated a new critical power (I'll need to update my zones). You need to go back to 2016 to find a run as fast. Too many years spent slogging at Ironman paces. A few friends and I used to eat up a weekly track workout, and I'm back with those friends since 2019...If you want to run fast, run with some (very) fast friends.

• Options

Best laid plans....often go astray! they did!!! I came down with a cold and held off on the testing. Glad I did as I'm getting better and was able to do a little ride today. Hope to get the testing done next week. Hope everyone had good test days!

• Options

Well done @Ralph Moore and @PatKoss !

@Jennifer Eckert - I hear you been battling a bit of a cold, etc. myself. Take it easy and test next week if needed. But if you think you already know where you are, I would just stick with the plan as is.

• Options

@Patrick Hayden , thanks for the advice..I've been easing back into it and seem to be doing well.