Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions

NOS 2020 Run - Week 12

So how are the legs feeling, now that eleven weeks have been knocked out and just a few remaining? Are you ready to move from the OS to some more race specific training? I know I have been feeling it, and trying to dodge the various sick people around the office. Remember don't go out and try to hammer it if your sick, its better to get better and take it easier/off if needed then to struggle for weeks as you try to fight your way through it.

But that being said, we are almost there, its time to focus and bring it in during the last few weeks.

Bike Focus:

• 5/6/7 are the numbers to remember for # of times to run this week
  • Intensity: 1:15 Half marathon intervals - 12 or 15 minute intervals at 10 seconds faster than z3
  • Weekend: You run after the bike for 1:30 with TRP, z2 and z3 work

Run Focus

• 5/6/7 are the number to remember for the # of times to run this week
  • Intensity: 1:45 Half marathon intervals - 10, 12 or 20 minute intervals at 10 seconds faster than z3
  • Note: A steady long occurs run during the week between 65-90 minutes

Note: for long runs remember to stop at the time or 13 miles whichever comes first.

Tagged:

Comments

• 3 x 12' (3') this morning early at the track. The NOS fatigue is in full force with me. First rep was just ok and the second was off. The third had me pumped and I picked up lap-to-lap watts as it progressed. That plus the crossfit group that trains there were cheering me on each lap and that had me on my toes and pumped. By the end I got 75 minutes in before the lights were turned off and I would have been the last/only one out there.

• So, Yeah, I ran but I didn't have a cheering section like @PatKoss (jealous). Longer runs this weekend.