Home General Training Discussions
Options

Garmin 935 not reading temp or grade

for the past few rides and runs my Garmin is not seeing grade at all and temp is reading 117 all the time. I don't know if this is the right forum but your thoughts are welcome. I've already synched and updated and am doing a chat with manufacturer....

hoping it is a simple fix

Comments

• Options

@Patricia Rosen How old is your 935? The barometer on my 920XT died a few years ago and started giving me funky elevation and no grades for inclines/ declines. Sounds very similar.

I'd suggest calling the Garmin service line. They will be able to walk you through a diagnostic over the phone and the results will tell them if the issue is fixable or not. Mine was not and they ended up giving me 20% off a 945 watch.

• Options

@Patricia Rosen I haven't seen your problem specifically but the 935 is somewhat notorious for the barometer dying, especially if you swim with it. I had an issue with mine recently where it started telling me my runs were at 20,000 feet elevation. I went in and re-calibrated the altimeter and barometer in the settings menu and that seems to have corrected the problem for me (at least for now). You could try that and see if it helps. No idea about the temperature though - that seems weird.

• Options
    I bet you’re right…

Patricia Rosen, MD, MPH
    Austin Toxicology
    4303 Hyridge Drive
    Austin, TX 78759
    www.toxicologyevaluation_austin.yourmd.com
    512.371.8840 (fax)

pbrosen2us@icloud.com
  • Options

Thanks, guys... I still have my old 920 xt as a back up although the 935 works great for everything else. I can feel the grade on my rides and I know it is not 117 degrees out there... yet :)

• Options

so, Garmin is replacing item... with refurbished device :( but no cost. always happens right before races (Campeche in about12 days)