Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Zwift Vertical Gain Challenge [March 9 to 15, 2020)

edited February 26, 2020 5:38PM in Announcements 🎙

Are you ready to ride?! Let’s do this! For seven straight days, the Sky is the Limit. Well, the virtual sky that is. Enter your rides, as recorded in Strava, into the Vertical Gain Challenge tracker sheet and  see how you stack up against your teammates!

Dates: March 9th to March 15th (7 Days)

Rules: 

• Vertical gain is recorded in feet, so if required please convert.
  • Rides have to be recorded on Strava, no manual ride entries please.
  • If you ride at least 1x on each day of the challenge, you’ll earn a BONUS 5,000 feet of gain! 😱

Here are the Steps: 

1. Role call, tell everyone you are IN by replying to the Official Vertical Gain Challenge thread here.
  2. Join EN Club on Strava here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/15570, as this will share our Team Leaderboard.
  3. Note the Elevation Measured in Feet gained From each of your rides on Strava.
  4. Cut and paste the ride URL From Strava into the top cell; Type in the total elevation gain (in feet) in the space just below the URL.
  5. You can include up to three separate Zwift activities per day, so RIDE ON.

Here is the tracker sheet to play along: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c4PDj9rPbC6LHAF3W9b74mdLelHD6YviQ85qreaDu3o/edit?usp=sharing

Want to Connect with EN on Zwift?

Questions, Comments or Feedback? 

Post it right here inside the Official thread!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

I sure wish my Uber Pretzel attempt this Saturday and Four Horsemen March 7 fell in the date range, but I'll give it a go anyway 😁

• Options

I sure wish my Uber Pretzel attempt this Saturday and Four Horsemen March 7 fell in the date range, but I'll give it a go anyway 😁

• Options

I love this, but I’ll be in Florida that week dealing with some family business. Sounds like fun! I’ll be sad to miss it. ’m guessing this is to help IMSG folks get ready to climb?

• Options

In; time to go up mountains, not down...

• Options

I might as well join in the fun since I'm not doing much running.

• Options

Taking every opportunity in my quest for the elusive Tron Bike... fun with my fitness during during a JOS Test Week 😂

• Options

Once up the Alpe tonight with the boys.

I might make it up again Thursday but will be out of town for the weekend so that Will be my Max. (why does it give me gloves every time I get up there?)

• Options

Can we include outside rides? I wont win the challenge but beautiful weather in VA now so want to get the fresh air.

• Options

@Daniel Ballin: Those of us in the healthcare system “need to get out more” these days anyway. I’m getting tired of passing Tron bikes on Le Alpe. One of these weeks....

• Options

I'm in! Twice up and down the Alpe today and I finally finished the Everest challenge and got the Tron bike. Apparently not too many people have gone up and down the Alpe twice in one ride, as I'm now sitting in 8th place on the all time leaderboard in Strava for that accomplishment. It wasn't a terribly fast time, so I have to believe there just aren't that many people dumb enough to do that.

• Options
    edited March 17, 2020 7:33PM

• Options

Congrats to all that took part in the challenge. Here are the results.

1 John Katsoudas 19872

2 Bill Schleining 19675

3 Brian Hagan 19036

4 Ross Randolph 17755

5 Peter Noyes 11330

6 John Culberson 9059

7 Tim Sullivan 6896

8 Coach P 5566

9 Derrek Sanks 4813

• Options

Congratulations @John Katsoudas ! Way to get a zwift strava segment trophy too!