Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions
Options

JOS 2020 Week 14 - We made it!!

Great group of people in this year's JOS. Can't believe we are here at Week 14. It's been an honor to be your bike thread captain. I have to apologize as with a big move in the middle of this combined with dealing with moving my business into mine and my colleagues homes due to Covid19, I've been a bit disengaged.

Looking forward to seeing some great numbers and hear of the results from the OS on this thread.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

2% FTP increase during today's bike ramp test. 7% for the entirety of the JOS.

Thanks to all for the consistent motivation and mojo over the OS. This is a great group that shared a lot of good information and cheered each other on!

Stay safe and best of luck with whatever your season brings you!

• Options

Thanks Scott for leading the group!

Nice work @Jeff Phillips. Thanks for hanging out in the forums.

• Options

Agree, thanks @scott dinhofer and get better soon, and well done @Jeff Phillips for the FTP bump.

• Options
    edited April 13, 2020 1:54PM

Thanks to everyone for a great OS! I actually made it through it this year.

I tried to test last week. I did not want to do the 20' test because legs were just not feeling it at all so I did the ramp test for the first time. Guess I was hoping to get it over quicker. I did get it over quicker but was unsuccessful. Not really sure which of the two I hate more now.

No worries on all of that because overall the OS was a success for me.

Bike FTP started at 215 and ended at 252. 17% gain. Admittedly, the start number was a swag but it was close.

For the run, I had just started back walking/running in October. I was doing okay when I hurt myself in mid December being stupid. My plan for the OS was to just build some run durability and see what happened. I never really tested at the start of the OS but my best 5K time in December was 11:53 per mile. I did do an unplanned test in week 2 and was at 10:46 per mile. The test in week five was better at 10:16 per mile. I have not really tested since that time. I was feeling pretty fatigued for the testing in week 10 and was nursing a knee injury. I was still running but keeping the intensity and miles low. My win for the OS Run is that I averaged 15.9 miles per week and was consistent over the whole OS. Huge success for me and definitely at a place where I can continue to build.

So, where do I go now? I don't want to repeat the OS. I do want to continue to slowly build the bike FTP while building some more run durability. I think I am going to just do an unstructured training week this week and start the Bike Focus Specificity Plan next week. I will definitely check in with Coach P to see what he suggests.

Thanks again for a great OS!