Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

April 2020: Team Recipe Challenge (Week Two: Lunch Thread)

Ok, now that the Breakfast Recipes are compiled here, it's time to talk about Lunch. I personally am more of a breakfast + dinner person, but a good lunch can really save your day. Please post yours below. Note, Snacks are up next week!

Here is my go to lunch (ok, it's a snack):

• Hummus
  • Pretzel Crisps

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

@Coach Patrick OMG how can you zwift on pretzels and hummus?

2 go to lunches- focus always greens and go for color

wrap- sprouted grain wrap, hummus, tofu or tempeh, mixed greens or trader joes cruciferous crunch, avocado....on the side some colored veggies, piece of fruit, a crunch element of chips, crackers, pretzel etc, and a cookie or two:-)

salad- mixed greens, tofu tempeh or beans, lots of different colored veggies, piece of fruit, avocado, nuts, nutritional yeast , for dressing tahini or hot pepper olive oil and then balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, a crunch element and a cookie or two

• Options

sounds crazy but here it is.

Avocado, Sweet potato, black beans, Siracha, and water crests. Bowl

Or

Buddha bowl: Greens, Hummus, Green lentils, sweet potato, broccoli, pickled cabbage...

• Options

Jess Withrow gave me this one.

Canned chunk chicken (costco), avacoda, green onion(diced), shredded carrot, diced celery. salt and pepper to taste. Mix. The avacado holds it together. Then use a whole grain cracker for vehicle of yumminess. Don't skip the green onion. That's the secret. On the side seasonal fruit and big glass of water.

Sometimes i'll add tomato if I have a good one.

Enjoy.