Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions
Options

April 2020: Team Recipe Challenge (Week Three: Snack Thread)

Ok, Breakfasts are here, Lunches are here...now it's time to talk SNACKS! These are a critical bridge from One Mill to the next. Having the right snack on hand can make the difference between a good workout or bad workout. It could also mean the difference between continuing your healthy eating streak and breaking it.

Tell us what your favorite go to healthy snacks are!

++++++++

My personal favorite is Apple Slices and Peanut Butter (preferably all-natural). This hits my fruit category and gets me some protein that I crave!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Snacks- I am a peanut butter/nutbutter fiend so almost any snack will include those. Pretzel chips with PB, banana with PB, Dates with PB , apple or dried apple rings with PB. A few nuts, currently we have brazil, pecan, walnut, cashew, macadamia, and sunflower/pumpkin seed. Popcorn.

When trying to hit race weight, I try to eliminate snacking as much as possible, and a couple of much lower calorie options are pickled veggies, sauerkraut , low sodium v8 juice etc.

• Options

I love greek yogurt. At work I snack on carrots and lightly salted nuts. IF i'm really feeling indulgent I will make ants on a log. Gotta have really fresh crispy celery though.

Prior to training toasted 1/2 english muffin with nut butter. My midnight snack is banana and peanut butter.

After training (2 hours+) smoothy of peanut powder, non fat greek yogurt, cocoa powder, cocunut milk, banana and a shot of coffee, ice. BLEND. Gotta earn it though.