Home General Training Discussions
Options

[EN] Taking Control of Your Season

Welcome to May. Endurance Nation is proud to present UltraMay! UltraMay is a celebration of solo challenges and long-distance events. 

-

Welcome to May. I'm telling you this because it's quite possible that you still think it's March!
In many ways time feels like it's come to a standstill even as events around us appear to be accelerating. In honor of the mysteries of time and our collective inability to do math, Endurance Nation is proud to present UltraMay! UltraMay is a celebration of solo challenges and long-distance events…and a special month-end event of our own (https://endurancenation.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=54dc221df5218e0dafff46b51&id=dec664a7b9&e=443f1a9157) .

With our season crumbling before us, it only makes sense that we use our energy and initiative to take charge on our own. The idea of a mass start event like an Ironman seems incredibly impractical, but a solo adventure should be right up your alley!

Over the coming weeks we will be sharing content and resources about the challenges and opportunities and exploring your own personal limits. Feel free to share your story with us on our Facebook page (https://endurancenation.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=54dc221df5218e0dafff46b51&id=b698bdfbdb&e=443f1a9157) or join our Facebook group (https://endurancenation.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=54dc221df5218e0dafff46b51&id=532b2ea07a&e=443f1a9157) for a more intimate discussion.

Ultra or bust!

~ Coach Patrick

** An Ironman’s® Journey To Become An Ultrarunner
Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Anyone planning a strategy? Bike 1 hour and then take 6 hours to rest and then run an hour and then bike an hour back to back? Pacing? Is there a training program on Final Surge?

• Options

I was just contemplating this and the amount of run volume seems nuts... but just an average day for @Robert Sabo 😁 seriously though, the ultra guys (like cronk) were running 4 miles on the 4 hour mark for 48... seems more sane if you are running for 35ish minutes/4 miles, than running 6-8 miles depending on your own speed...

I am thinking during daylight, will stick to wkos on the 4 hour mark, at night time, I will try to double up the hours, but you have to stick to the order.. if you are up for a run, the run goes first..

• Options

I think I’ll bike then run immediately after. Throughout.

• Options

I'll do the back-to-back Bike-Run beginning at 11PM Friday night with the other start times then of course as 7AM, 3PM, 11PM, 7AM, 3PM.

I'm planning for a 600-650 Total TSS budget, so 100 per session and a ~30 mile run cap which means I will walk the 15 minutes of the run wko and then run the rest at ~80-85% to keep the session ~55 TSS. Something to consider @scott dinhofer?

Bike will be 65% to get 45 TSS. If I have extra energy for the last two sessions on Sunday I can push it. Won't know that until then :).

• Options

Part of the “fun” of this will be riding together. So plan to bike during the listed times. Hopefully with most of us.

• Options

Thank @robin sarner . I want the fun of the group rides, especially at 4AM! I didn't absorb the fixed Zwift ride times aspect on the first pass, obviously.

I have adjusted. It means that if/when I want to double up, I run first. Thanks, again!

• Options

I am reconsidering when to do the run. Before or after bike ?

pretty sure will do connected to bike regardless.

allows more straight rest time.

i may be walking as sprained ankle is not progressing as fast as expected.