Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions
Options

April Burpee Challenge

April 1st is tomorrow.... No this is not an April fools joke.... Looks like we will all have plenty of time inside over the next month.

Strength training is always the first thing to go when the going gets tough in a specific training build. Best intentions find a way of being reasoned away. Since there is nothing to train for, I wanted to get back on a strength training bandwagon. The gym's are closed, home body weight exercises seem to be the best alternative.

The Burpee is touted as a total body workout. There are plenty of 30 day burpee challenges out there, and many different levels of burpee difficulty . The four most common. 1. classic burpee is standing, squat , plank, squat, stand 2. pushup burpee is standing, squat, plank, pushup, squat stand 3. jump burpee is standing, squat, plank, squat, stand with a jump 4.pushup/jump burpee is standing, squat, plank, pushup, squat, stand with a jump...

My goal is 100 per day for 30 days for 3000 total. Plan is to do the #4 type above pushup/jump for as many as I can then do the easier ones, hopefully as I go each day, I will be able to do 100 of #4 , and then get through them a bit faster.

Starts tomorrow!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

didn't you just run up a mountain?

• Options

@Dave Tallo yeah but that was just a little mountain and so yesterday. Besides how hard can 100 burpee's be anyway? Apparently pretty freaking hard but I survived Day #1 :-)

• Options

Well finally getting around to updating this. YES I finished 3000 BP's in 30 days.

Day 4 I tweaked my right shoulder.

Day 6 I tweaked my left shoulder.

Both of those shoulders healed up pretty quick but during those few days I did more of them w/o the pushup.

On one of the days I did a really hard KOM run on Mt. Lemmon so I took that day off and did 200 the next day.

Shortly after this I had a tweaked upper left pec, that plagued me for the duration. But was not debilitating.

Near the end I was planning to do a 50k or longer run. So I did 700 in 4 days so that I could take 3 days off.

Finished off month of April strong, I took 4 days off but still did 3000 in 30 days.

May - I kept going for 14 days at 100 per day .

I stopped to drive from AZ to NH. took 8 days off in total and then got back at the BP's. Now I am only doing 50 per day but I added a pullup to the sequence , and doing that until I cant to pullups anymore then just a few sets of 10 BP's.

My takeaway is that its a very quick, short time commitment , to do each day as a whole body maintenance.

• Options

But are you jacked like Goggins now?