Home Coaching Forum 🧢
Options

Leslie Knight Micro Thread

Coach,

I have Big Training Day on Saturday for 25 Oct Beach 2 Battleship IM.  Turns out the only pool I have access to doesn't open until 1100.  I can't start my day that late! 

Options- cut swim and only do bike/run, do swim after run, forget swim altogether and add more bike/and/or run, do a run/bike/run to get the extra fatigue....  or something else.

What do you recommend???  Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    If you can, swim Friday -- then just roll the rest of your Saturday.

Worst case we just go bike run on Sat and move on.

Sometimes life doesn't play along, I get it!! :)
  • Options

@Leslie Knight Laughing so hard it took me this long to find a Coach Thread for you because you are ULTRAindependent. 🤣

Just following up on your monthly feedback for us. Thanks for doing it! Here's what you said: 

Rankings are as follows:

• Swim Fitness vs Last Month: 1
    • Bike Fitness vs Last Month: 2
    • Run Fitness vs Last Month: 3
    • Body Comp vs Last Month: 1

Next month's focus: Do my 100K at the end of the month and then transition to boike focus

Extra help request: nothing- I'm good!

Good to hear you're in a great place. My only feedback to you is that running in the summer months will be markedly different than your earlier season ultra runs. Your hydration strategy, and by proxy your soul strategy, will be critical to your success. Don't underestimate the power of ice to stay cool and really make sure you can focus on maintaining a steady a heart rate as possible. Can't wait to see what you do.

~ Coach P