Home Announcements 🎙
Options

Build Your Best Bike Camp II [August Edition]

That's right, after putting 11 folks through the first session, we are back to run a new one for the rest of you.

You can find the registration form on le internet here: Best Bike Camp

This will be a 4-week camp that kicks off with performance testing (new via INSCYD) and then weekly installments of how to maximize your training in the areas on the Bike that you need most using Zwift. We are aiming for a unique combination of personalized info, systems learning and community. Should be a lot of fun and give you insights that you can use to improve.

👉Learn More and Sign Up Here

"The data alone was worth it. I feel I know myself better on the bike and more importantly, where I need to go to improve. I have also grown more relationships on the team which is always a plus."

"I learned about my personal bike strengths and weaknesses, nutritional limiters for long course planning, and how to specifically use Zwift as a specific training tool."

‼️Here is a Sample Week to Consider

Week 0: Welcome and Testing Review

• Learn – Intro to testing and testing set up on Zwift.
  • Execute – Workout to complete in Zwift.
  • Submit – Turn in file(s) for processing and review.

Week 1: VLamax Review and Workouts

• Learn – What is VLamax and where you “fit” on the scale.
  • Execute – Race with new “Peak Recovery” target.
  • Discuss – Group discussion of metrics and how to implement them in a standard training week.

Week 2: FatMax and CarbMax Review

• Learn – Your metabolic profile for Fat Utilization and power at your Carbohydrate Max.
  • Execute – Complete a Lactate Shuttling Race session and a FatMax workout with optional low-glycogen state.
  • Discuss – Discuss zones, race performance, lessons learned, etc.

Week 3: Personalized Reporting

• Learn – Discover your place on the Best Bike Quadrant and Tentative next steps.
  • Execute – Complete race with new execution tips, complete “back-to-back” VO2 and Endurance Ride days.
  • Discuss – Discuss personalized plans, review questions.

Week 4: Personalized Data Review & Training Recommendations

• Learn – Best path forward relative to your training goals, as well as when to re-test.
  • Execute – Complete final Zwift climbing race with low-cadence (VLamax focus).
  • Discuss – Final Q & A, potential 1:1 time.

How does INSCYD compare to WKO?

I like the visualization of the test data and charts. The software will show your lactate production rate, lactate combustion rate, fat and carb burning zones, max carb intake, and lactate accumaluation in mmol/l/min. That's a lot of fancy physiology terms, but it really shows us "how" your body responds and where there is room for improvement.

Here is a video presentation that explains the benefits we are interested in. I see INSCYD and WKO4 as complementary. I view INSCYD as planning tool. WKO4 is an execution tool. INSYCD provides a map. WKO4 is the dashboard. Once you have a healthy PDC in WKO4, then what? INSCYD helps with that next step. 

I'm hoping it also gives us a more understanding of the metabolic processes in your body and "how" your body fuels and responds to your power efforts. I think it has some potential and could help us guide your training approach and focus areas across a season and could help you get even more out of WKO4.

To be clear though, you don't get the software. Its only a coach license, so I could test you again (most frequent would be every quarter, but more likely 2x per year - in OS and Early RacePrep) as you go. 

I see Zwift as a great training tool and also a fun place to ride. Yes, we will talk about how to race more effectively on Zwift. But, we will also talk about how to chose the right race or course for the training effect you are looking for, how to use workouts, erg mode, draft, and yes, even how to use all the in game boosts and power ups to maximum advantage. BURRITO!!!! 🌯

So, yeah we will go over all the tips/hacks/etc to get the best racing, training effect, and most fun out of your time inside. And I know a lot of folks are riding more and more outside now, so I will also cover how to transition some of those Zwift indoor skills - outside! (If only the feather boost was available to me outside too!) 🤣

If you have any questions, please put them here!

~ Coach P

Tagged:

Comments