Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

๐Ÿšจ100 Days Left in 2020 to Run Baby Run! ๐Ÿ‘Ÿ

September 22nd is the first day of the last 100 days of 2020. While some of you may wish the year never happened (can I get a hell yeah?) , we still have the chance to do something pretty cool.

For all of you in the Durability World right now, we'd like to hear what your run ambitions are for the remainder of the year.

Maybe you will do a running streak? Maybe it's a total # of runs? Or a total distance?

Please share it out so we all can be inspired!

~ Patrick

Comments

• Options

I have an early IM next year (Texas, assuming things are back to some semblance of normal by then), so I'll be going into the Nov OS. But ... I've been running pretty consistently for the past 1.5 months after a rough summer.

My goal is to keep building easy miles up to the OS. I'll hit 20-22 mpw this week, no problem, and I'm hoping that I can build to 27-30 mpw by the end of October. Taking it week by week to judge fatigue, etc., but that's the plan. I'm already hitting that time in a run focus where suddenly all the runs feel just ok, legs are a little dead, but I'm eager to get out there to get the miles done! I've always told myself I wasn't a runner, but this focus (almost 3 months by the end of October) may have changed my mindset a bit!

• Options

I'm not sure. I am racing a 50km on September 26 then am doing the bike camp. I suppose I could try to run everyday for no more than 3.1 miles. Need to see if my body hates me after the 50km.

• Options

Catherine I too am in for IMTX assuming it happens.ย ย  I was thinking October OS but a November OS I like better so that I can focus on getting back to a habit and build up some strength from my LONG hiatus (1 year!)