Home Announcements 🎙

2020 Castelli Annual Order Open thru January 24, 2020 [update as of 08/17/2020]

edited August 17, 2020 9:55PM in Announcements 🎙

Ok folks, Castelli order is finally live Thru 1/24/20. There are some minimums, so it's possible that like in years past we will have to combine Men's and Women's Orders, but let's see how things play out.

All Castelli Gear is more "race" sizing...if you are a Large US shirt, for example, you would likely order an XL in this kit. It is snug. I only wear my racing stuff in the two weeks before my race because otherwise it wouldn't fit! (Sizing Chart posted below). If you prefer to race in more of a "casual" fit garment, then check out the monthly ChampSys order which many of your teammates wear.

Items for Sale:

• One Piece Suit, Men's and Women's
  • Two Piece Suit, Top = Unisex; Men's and Women's Shorts
  • Cycling Jersey and Bibs, Men's and Women's
  • NEW Thermal Jacket in EN's "go tri epic" color scheme.

To Order:

Visit our Castelli Store here. If you haven't already, you will need to register to shop (email, password, etc).

Delivery:

Orders should ship mid- to end of March. This is a good time to order so we should be on the shorter side of the shipping timeline.

Questions? Post them here!

INTERNATIONAL TEAMMATES

Castelli does not ship internationally as there are local partners on the ground around the world. The solution is that you tell Coach Patrick what item and size you want from the Castelli store, and he will order it. Then he will ship it to you.

‼️ Fill Out this Form Here to Submit Your Order Request ‼️

Note 1: The cost will be the price in the store + shipping cost only, it will be billed to your card on file when it is shipped.

Note 2: There are no returns with this process, sorry.

Note 3: Delivery might take another 4 to 6 weeks just due to the added step (shipping to Patrick, then to you).

Sizing Chart

Comments

• Perfect. Based on my four measurements, I should get an XS, S, M and L tri suit. An average guy with a 40-inch chest who is really fit probably has a 30- or 31-inch waist. But, here, he's supposed to have a 35.5-inch waist? Is this a Santa suit or a tri suit?

• LADIES !!! Before you order .... I have a brand new pair of Tri Shorts. Tags on. Never worn. Please take them off my hands for $50 bucks! S/H included.

I'd rather not give them away 😕 I bought these to help meet minimums. 🙏

https://teamorder.serviziocorse.com/Index.aspx?page=MemberStyle&gid=0&cid=9144

• edited January 13, 2020 7:59PM

@Mike Roberts - normal castelli sizing is to order one larger than usual, if you are an M, order a L.. That's what I've done with their off the rack gear, I am sure your svelt Triathlete proportions will fit perfectly in the suit!

@Coach Patrick is this the same wind jacket I bought a couple of years ago? or is this like the Capo jackets we had in the past.. (good for 50ish degree days)

• @Scott Alexander I'm torn on the jacket size. I wear a size L in Castelli cycling jersey and tri suit, but XL in the Castelli Perfeto vest I have. I'm 6', 40' chest 168 lbs. Chart would tell me Large, but my one experience with their vest would lead me to XL.

• My body is so deformed, it doesn't really matter which way I go. I ordered something and am waiting to see what happens when I put it on............ as long as it has red on it, it will make me faster, right?

• Here is a description of the thermal vest (fleece lined):

PRODUCT FEATURES

• Windproof and water resistant
    • High collar trimmed with Thermoflex for comfort
    • Zippered, mesh-lined vent at wrist
    • Jacquard elastic at waist
    • Mesh-lined back with vent at pocket for breathability
    • Four-way stretch for ease of movement
    • Fleeced interior
    • Full-length covered zipper
    • 3 back pockets
    • Reflective tabs

Note the cut in the image, this is meant for riding so it will be fitted...

• Per a call with Castelli, I went with the Large, which matches what I wear in their jerseys and tri-suits.

@Coach Patrick Does Castelli allow all items the opportunity to be custom? I see they have a new tri-suit that debuted at Kona I believe. https://www.castelli-cycling.com/us/triathlon/men/triathlon-suits/p/861810419P-010 Could be interesting for next year?

• edited January 16, 2020 4:51PM via Email
    Jeff, I will check with them on updates for sure in the future.

I know some of you had questions about the thermal jacket. Here is their
    response:

The Thermal Jacket’s range is between 32° and 50°. It’s similar to our
    Raddoppia 2 Jacket: https://www.castelli-cycling.com/us/men/tops/cycling-jackets/p/451950619A-710
  • @Jeff Phillips what is your height, weight, chest, waist?

I have the wind jacket we got from castelli a couple of years ago and that is a L. I know if I get a L, it will be slightly loose. but the M may be too tight.. if you google "does castelli run small" you find a lot of forum entries out there that seem to validate this.

@Sheila Leard - post those shorts in the groupme!!!!

• @scott dinhofer 6' tall, 165-170 lbs, 40" chest, 32" waist. Long arms, 35". Large should be appropriately snug for me in the cycling position, maybe a little short in the sleeves.

• fyi my experience:

the size up thing does not work for me. if anything, need to size down.

6-6. 183 lbs.

have large tri top. bit loose around shoulders and arms. could use size between medium and large. but I will probably stay large for length.

• @Coach Patrick you mention a vest. I don't see a vest listed at the Castelli site.

• @Wendy Kelly The ladies shorts are medium. i can't believe I let that off! The shorts are nice but I wear a small.

• @robin sarner sorry they gave me the thermal vest link for a description of what the JACKET will be. My bad!

• @Sheila Leard Thanks for the info...I'm on the border between the medium and another size. I'll be ordering the other, but if it doesn't fit right, I may be back in touch to see if the offer is still on the table.

• Large for Top, Small for Shorts... I feel body-shamed. Still can't wait to have my first team kit!

• edited January 25, 2020 1:02AM

@Coach Patrick Once you order, am I right that it’s too late to change?

I happened to just get a Castelli Jersey from Competitive Cyclist and it’s somewhat loose. I ordered the same size that was recommended on the sizing charts, and based on the thread above, it seemed like the right size to order.

Do the EN Castelli items have a tighter fit than other Castelli Jerseys?

• TEAM, just got an update from Castelli, it looks as though our 2020 Team Order is on hold for the time being (info below). I will keep you posted and thank you for your patience!

Thank you for choosing Castelli for your team. We hope that you and your team are safe and healthy in this very challenging time. While cycling and triathlon events across the country have been delayed or canceled due to the COVID-19 virus, we understand that your team is still anxious to receive your new kits—even if they’re going to be used for indoor riding for a while. We want to update you on the status of our custom business and the impact that it will have on your order with us. Please share this information with your team members. We will continue to update you as the situation develops.

Status of our custom business:

Production: The government of El Salvador has required all factories to close for a minimum of two weeks; this may be extended to four weeks. Unfortunately, this has impacted all of our custom orders, including yours. We will communicate the status of our production as information becomes available.

Materials: While we keep several months of materials on-hand, we have experienced some delays in the delivery of fabrics from Italy. This may have some impact on our production schedule.

Shipping: This week we will receive additional custom items completed and shipped before the factory closure. In the interest of getting your team your products as early as possible, we will ship partial orders over the next two weeks. We will ship the remaining product as soon as it arrives.

Customer Service: While most of our team in Portland is required to work from home, we are continuing to receive and process orders, process new team artwork, and provide great customer service.

• Folks, here is the update we just got in from our rep at Castelli. No other way to say it – your 2020 kit is now officially your 2021 kit! I promise not to change anything on the design in the short term, and appreciate your continued patience. As soon as I get the stuff I will start shipping it out to all of you.

+++++ EMAIL UPATE +++++

Hi Patrick,

I just received the long awaited WIP (Work In Progress) report for all my Castelli Custom accounts in New England. Unfortunately, it is not good, but I finally have projected dates to get your two separate projects, into your hands.

Endurance Nation 20.1 (Red team kit)

• Order Completion - 28th August
    • Order Delivered By - 16th September
    • San Remo Racing Suits delayed by 4 weeks from the rest of the project and will ship separately with an in-hand date of October 14th.

Endurance Nation 20.2 (Mallorca Kit)

• Order Completion - 21st August
    • Order Delivered By - 08th September

This year has been an absolute nightmare. But I want to thank you for your patience through this EXTREMELY challenging time, and to apologize for the delay in the production of your order. We are particularly sorry that we were not able to provide you with accurate delivery dates for your orders earlier in the process. 

Last winter, we transitioned to a new factory that specializes in premium custom apparel. Just as we were just completing the transition, a government-mandated closure driven by COVID-19 caused an almost 4 month stoppage of production. This has been a tremendous loss in business and has impacted all our customers. Ramping production back up has been very challenging, due to requirements of social distancing in the factory, limited public transportation and more.

Our factory is currently at 40% capacity and the staff don't have any functioning public transport to help them get to work. Every second workstation has to be removed and staff are on different time tables, which makes the continuity of production, slow down tremendously. We have in-fact hired our own bus to fetch staff, too and from work.

Couple these issues with the fact that the government has mandated "temperature checks" for all factory workers, some are being sent home with milder symptoms (understandably from a safety perspective), and the entire productivity is in a compromised situation. This has made it very difficult to provide accurate ship dates for each order. Regardless, we have not been able to provide you with the level of service that you should expect from Castelli. I apologize profusely.

Again,... my sincere apologies.

• I ordered a 2 piece kit in XXL for this order. This is too large for me. Would anyone want to trade a XL? ...or just buy this one from me?