Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

NOS Bike Tune up

OK, As Patrick has decreed, the NOS starts on Nov 2. In order to be ready, it is a good idea to take a bit and make sure that your bike is in shape to get you in shape.

1. Please take the time to make sure that your trainer setup is hooked up to Trainer Road, Zwift, or your training app of choice. That means checking your Ant+ or bluetooth connections of your heart rate monitor, Powermeter, and cadence/speed sensor.
  2. To download the 2021 OS bike workouts for Zwift, Go to here https://app.box.com/s/6qq9ycr5u1k2lzma9u58oxvfehvzsgaz
  3. Make sure you have a new or clean lubed chain.
  4. A sweat guard for your bike is good to protect it from your monkey sweat. Similarly, a pad underneath your bike is key to keep sweat off of your floors.
  5. Make sure that your shifters and cables are lubed (or DI2 is charged)
  6. If you have not had a bike fit, this would be a good time to get one. Your undercarriage will thank you.

Also, take a chance to look ove the OS workouts and select the level of OS that you will be doing. I am shooting for the Level 2 plan after having started out on Level 3 last year and having to back off due to cumulative fatigue about 6 weeks in. The OS bike plan starts off with 4 weeks on longer intervals then 4 weeks of VO2, then 4 more weeks of longer intervals so be ready.

The official NOS Bike Thread will start Sunday Nov 1 so I look forward to seeing you on(line) Nov 2.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Howdy Cuz! Am I thinking correctly that you are our NOS bike captain? I missed having the pleasure of your company last year. Coach threw me in JOS.

Excited but apprehensive. I work nights now. So a bit of a training hitch. We'll see how this goes.

Look forward to weekly wisdom!

Jacklyn

• Options
    edited November 1, 2020 10:12PM

@Jacklyn Moore ,

Great to see you. I am the NOS bike captain and will dispense pithy one liners with wild abandon. Night shift just means you will need to find another time for your workouts. I have typically done them as soon as I get up but sometimes doing them before a shower and bed is a lead in to a great night's sleep.

I have faith that you will work it out. Great to see you!

• Options

@Ralph Moore thanks for providing link to OS Zwift wkos!