Home New Member [First Month]

Yasuo Godo Coach Thread [TeamEN]

Here's your personal Coach Thread, as promised. This is where you'll return to post all your "coach" questions as responses; I'll see them and reply. This first post is here to guide you through your first year on EN, so you can always come back here.

As you'll see in this forum, I handle all manner of edits and changes. So post away, know that I reply here usually M/W/F each week.

Power User Tip: Click the Star icon by the Title of this thread to subscribe, and you'll get email updates when I do reply.

Coach Notes

Your Races

• Ironman Vitoria-Gasteiz (2020-07-12) #IMVitoria-Gasteiz_20

Your Notes

latest race was 2019 Ironman Australia.

I am 53 years old. I started triathlon since 1985.

My dream is to join the ironman world championship. My training schedule is

Mon:rest

Tue:run 5km

Wed:bike roler 30min

Thu:run 5km

Fri:bike roler 30min

Sat:run 20-35km

Sun:bike 90km over

swim is twice in a week.

Season Outline

These are your recommended training plans, including the date you should start each one (sometimes you won't complete a full plan but transition to another one). You can change your plans on Final Surge by clicking on Training Plans / My Plans. Learn more about each plan on the Training Plan Central Page.

>> Last updated by Coach on November 8, 2019

• On 11/4/2019 Load the  -- Durability for Triathletes 2 (8 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/1/2019
  • On 12/2/2019 Load the  -- Durability for Triathletes 3 (7 months out) -- 4 weeks to end on 12/29/2019
  • On 1/6/2020  Load the  -- OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan, 14wks to end on 4/12/2020
  • On 4/13/2020 Load the    EN*Full Bike Focused  to end on 7/12/2020
  • On 7/13/2020 Load the    Post Ironman Transition Plan, All Levels (4wks) to end on 8/9/2020

Training Plan Support in Your First Month

You can connect with @matt limbert as needed in your first month to get dialed in with your training plans and data. You can set up a call with him online here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1 and he'll be on this thread shortly!

Your Homework

Tell Me Your Season Goals

• What will make you consider this season a success?
  • What's your biggest limiter right now?

Start Learning

Every month we hold live events as part of our commitment to make you just as smart as you are fit. Feel free to visit our Coach Lesson page and our Office Hours page to find the next opportunity to connect with Coach Patrick and your Teammates.

Contact Points

As part of your journey to becoming a Self Coached Triathlete inside TeamEN, we are prepared to give you excellent support for your first 90 days. Our goal is to transition you from live, in-person support to using our digital resources and the Team to help you continue your progress as you execute your Three Year Plan.

These are all the key points in your first year where we must talk. Please remember to include your phone number.

• Welcome Call in Week One (set it up here)
  • Training Plan Call in Week Two to talk about your season (set it up here)
  • End of Trial Call -- We review your experience & Unlock Year One / Race Execution for you (set it up here)
  • End of Season Call -- We review your year & Strategize for your End of Year Gap and Year Two (TBD in this Coach Thread)

Questions

• Coach Questions - Right here in this thread. Always reply to this same thread, it keeps a record for us as we evolve together!
  • General Questions - Simple stuff can go to the General Discussion Forum for the Team to answer. For example, Best Bike? How to improve run cadence? How to flip turn?
  • Need Help? - Please check the EN Help Site first!
  • Admin Questions - Billing or orders or whatnot? Use the red chat button at the bottom of the Members Site (not forums) or email us here.
  • Specific Questions about a Race or Power, etc? - You can post those into the General Discussion Forum and set the title or tags for that topic. Race questions to the Racing Forum, etc. Not sure where to post? Put it in the General Discussion forum and we will sort it out. Whatever you do, PLEASE ask your questions!!

For short or last minute questions, we recommend you use the Red Chat Icon on the main Members website.

We have also organized a complete chart of the best ways to contact us online here.

Your First Month on the Team

You have quite a few things to do when you start up. There are instructions on the top of the website, but you can review them under Resources / Trial Member Welcome.

Your First Year Inside Endurance Nation

This will be unlocked after your trial expires.

Looking forward to working with you this year,

~ Coach P

Comments

• Yasuo, you have a good background on triathlon, going back to 1985. We are excited to help you get ready for Ironman Vitoria-Gasteiz.

I'm want to make your transition to Endurance Nation as easy and simple as possible. I will show you how to get the most out of your workouts, Final Surge, and learn more about how the team can help you get to your race goals.

First thing! Subscribe to this Coach Thread and get an email when we respond. Your Coach Thread is the best way to get a hold of us, it documents all of your training and it helps to keep the communication moving. Click on the red star and check box just to the right of your thread title. This way you will get an email when we respond in your Coach thread. See 8 sec video here to set it up: 

Next, get setup in Final Surge. Coach Patrick has just made your season plan in Final Surge. Now, you can sync your Garmin or Strava and upload your workout data. Chose one, otherwise you will get double workouts recorded in Final Surge. (Note: Chose Strava if you ride on Zwift.)

In Final Surge: Workouts -> Garmin / Device Upload

To get the most out your training - you will need to see your workout data and your comments on how you felt during the workout. Together, they give you (and us) the complete picture of your training. We definitely want to see those hours, miles, power readings and heart rate data - but we also want to know how you felt, mood, how mentally easy or hard the workout was, what you ate and drank on those long rides. This helps dial in your fueling and hydration for long races and is a good reminder for what you want to work on during your next similar workout. This takes your Final Surge account from just workout data to a full on training log - where you see your progression and become a smarter athlete.

Consider downloading the Final Surge App. This makes it way easier to add comments about how you felt, ate, weather etc (for the bike) and sets, paces etc (for the swim). Those are all super helpful to you as you track your progress, prepare and plan your for your race.

It's super easy to make comments about your workout. Click on the "pencil" icon to tap "how I felt" or "perceived effort." You can add a few notes about what you ate/drank (helps to figure out what works best for you on the bike), how you felt mentally, the weather or any aches etc. Those comments are really handy when you are comparing workouts, tailoring your own training, evaluating progress and planning for your ride. It also makes it easy to look at and plan for your upcoming workouts. Just a quick not goes a long way.

Final Surge | Mobile Apps

https://www.finalsurge.com/apps

Customize your workouts Final Surge

After your Run Durability block, you will do some run (5k) and bike tests (20' max effort). You can use that test data to customize your workouts to your individual zones. Once you customize them, the workouts will say 20' @ (135-145 heart rate) vs. 20' @ Zone 2.

Here is how you update your training plan with integrated and customized zones (there is a video here too):

https://www.endurancenation.us/help/final-surge-how-to-update-your-integrated-training-zones/

Your new Friends are waiting for you.

GroupMe is the live version of all things Endurance Nation. This is an app you can download to your smartphone, visit on the web, and even search if you want. The forums are our long-term memory, these chats are Team right here, right now. 

·        EN Live 24/7  [Join Here]

·        Run Group [Join Here]

·        Zwift Chat [Join Here]

·        Events  [Join Here]

·        Race Groups [Join Here]

You can also start learning more. Ask our Wicked Smart Members or watch Coach Patrick's video lessons.

Start here to learn the "Why" and the "How" behind your training with videos.

·        Run Durability Training Plan Guidance (PDF)

·        OutSeason® Run Durability Overview

·        OutSeason® Run Durability Part One

·        OutSeason® Run Durability Part Two

For any questions you have getting started - chat with me here in this forum or schedule another call with me here: https://calendly.com/new-member-phone-call/1

Please let me know what other times might work for you and we will schedule it.

Matt

Training Plan Coordinator

• @yasuo godo Nice job getting started this week. Good work making notes on your weekly summary on Sunday.

TRP is the MidPoint of Zone 1 and Zone 2 ; the desired pace for Run Durability workouts in the OutSeason®. It reflects the target pace for most Ironman® and 70.3 competitors. It is an easy pace that you can sustain consistently for a long run. You should be able run and hold a conversation.

• @yasuo godo Nice picture! Good work with the intervals and long run!

• @yasuo godo

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/bl9laz9l18

Welcome to your SECOND MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

Our goal is to check in with you, determine the best way to help you continue your journey, and share your progress with the Team!

First off,  watch Coach Patrick’s Month Two video

Step One: Quick Update

Please use this form to update us on how things are going: https://forms.gle/k9p2o3ZYyhGo9U2N6 We will follow up with guidance and advice here in this thread. 

Step Two: Book Your Coach Check In Call

As part of TeamEN, you and Coach Patrick will talk one-on-one roughly 4x per year. Let’s connect soon and keep you rolling. Book your check in call with Coach Patrick online here: https://calendly.com/pmccrann/15min 

Step Three: Pick Your Learning Focus

We have several courses and resources for you based on your interest. You can browse the Courses here or review the Coach Lesson archive here

Need help picking a focus area? Ask us right here in this forum thread (be sure to @CoachP!!), via the red chat icon on the Members Site or by going to Help / Email Support.

Step Four: Your Friends are Waiting

We have several GroupMe channels where we want to hear about your training or you can get a quick answer to your latest race or gear question.  Get motivation and team awesomeness via EN Live on Facebook or if you’d rather chat, then find your home on the most relevant Team EN GroupMe chat channel

Looking forward to your next step!

~ Brenda

• @yasuo godo Nice work this week! 😀💪

• @yasuo godo

https://endurancenation.wistia.com/medias/nfahr9cl1b

Welcome to your THIRD MONTH  inside Endurance Nation! 

Our goal this month is to help you be race ready for your next big event and make sure your connected with your teammates!

First OFF, be sure to check out Coach Patrick’s video online here

Step One: Quick Update Form

Please use this form to update us on how things are going: https://forms.gle/2BAufR2WyTUjkHvE7 We will follow up with guidance and advice via email so you can stay on track. 

Step Two: Research Your Race

Leverage your teammates to make sure your race is the best it can be.

• First, head over to the EN Forums and use the search functionality to see if there are race reports or other information in our system. 
    • Second, ask the Team what they know by creating a research thread in the Races & Places Forum or by posting to the GroupMe 24/7 channel.
    • When you are ready, go ahead and post your Race Plan to the Racing Forums as well 

Step Three: Connect with Fellow Racers

• Depending on the size of your race, you might have a GroupMe channel that you can find under the Community section here.
    • If there isn’t one, you can still head over to the Race Database and use the password WORKWORKS. From there you type the race name into the search box To get someone’s name. Return to the EN Forums and send them a private message!

** Additional Support **

In addition to The Forums and other Team-related support, you still have the chance to connect with Coach Patrick across your first year. Right now it’s time for your three month call with Coach Patrick; and you can book it here.

If you are looking for support above and beyond the traditional Endurance Nation experience, you can book a consult with Coach Patrick. These are billed at $100/hour and Can be on almost any training or racing topic. Please click here to learn more / get started. 

Congratulations on moving forward with you training as you build to your race goals. We can’t wait to see what you are capable of this season!

~ Team EN

• Hi. coach.

I decided cancel my race.

My race was Ironman Spain Vitoria.

I lost my target...

But I want to make me strong.

Could you give me suggestion about my Training Plan how do I update?

• @yasuo godo - I replied to you in Final Surge Today...and changed your plan...here you go!

Yasuo, yes I will do that. Thank you for the message. Are you changing to a different event such as IM Malaysia? 

While I wait to hear from you, I went ahead and put in our bike focus plan starting next Monday. This is a six week training program that will help you increase your bike strength and maintain some of the fitness games you've made so far this season. Please take a look at it and let me know if you have any questions. 

Also, can you please go to this link: https://log.finalsurge.com/DeviceImport/Garmin/Default.cshtml

Right now it looks as though you have your Garmin connect and your Strava I'm pushing data to final surge. I am getting multiple copies of all of your workouts. We just want to choose Strava and you can disconnect the Garmin connect one. Thank you. 

~ Coach P

• @yasuo godo - thank you for the message on facebook...next time you can go to Training / Submit My Races (here) and I can help you!

Here is what we have for 2021

• On 11/2/2020  Load the  OutSeason for Triathletes (Bike Focus) Plan (14wks) to end on  2/7/2021  98 [  14 weeks  ]
    • On 2/8/2021  Load the  Swim Camp  to end on  2/21/2021  14 [  2  weeks  ]
    • On 2/22/2021  Load the  Bike Focus Block (6 wks)  to end on  4/4/2021  28 [  4  weeks  ]
    • **Transition Early**
    • On 3/22/2021  Load the  EN Half Prep Plan (4wks)  to end on  4/18/2021  28 [  4  weeks  ]
    • On 4/19/2021  Load the  EN Full Run Focused (12wks) to end on  7/11/2021  84 [  12 weeks  ]
    • On 7/12/2021  Load the  Post Ironman Transition Plan All Levels (4wks) to end on  8/8/2021  28 [  4  weeks  ]

Let's do this!!!

~ Coach Patrick