Homeβ€Ί General Training Discussions
Options

NOS Bike Thread Week 1

November is here and you know what that means! EN OutSeason!

You should have already loaded the OS workouts into Zwift or your platform of choice. You can follow the written guidance in the plan and do the workouts on a dumb trainer or peloton-like device or even ride outside if you live somewhere warm.

The purpose of this thread each week is to provide a place where you can post your workout info and comments. If you had a great session, let us know so congrats can be shared. If it just sucked, commiserating with folks in the same boat can weaken the blow and get you ready to go again for the next workout. We will all face challenges in the next 14 weeks and there is a vast fund of knowledge in this team that can be useful if you find yourself in unknown territory. Just ask.

A couple of housekeeping pointers for those who are new to the OS. There is extensive knowledge about all things OS in the Wiki under the blue "Learning" tab above. That is a good place to start if you have questions.

1. You will have "good" sessions and sessions that feel horrible. That will vary based on your mindset, fatigue, nutrition, and other factors. Just file it away and don't stress over it because there is a new bike workout coming up in 2 days.
  2. If you miss a workout, DO NOT feel like you need to make it up. That leads to doubling up on your workouts which leads to inadequate recovery and difficulty with future workouts. That is not optimal. Again, just let it go, there will be another chance in 2 days. rest up for that workout and kill it.
  3. The OS is a good time to trial your nutrition, especially on the longer weekend rides. Get used to your fuel of choice or try and find what works for you.

I will be checking in on Geneva daily and checking in here every day or so. If I can help, let me know. You should have your shiny new FTP to start the OS so let's get to it.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Thanks for kicking us off Ralph!

• Options

OH YA!

It's going to get pretty SEXY around here. I can already hear the Gorilla rattling the bars.

Lets do this!

• Options

getting my best cage fighting gameface out of the closet!

• Options
    edited November 3, 2020 1:03AM

DANG! KMF, Scott and Ralph! WOW. Serious muscle now.🀩

I feel like the night before the first day of school. Clothes laid out. Munchies at the ready. Just finished loading up the plans in ZWift. Moved the Pony out of the garage and into the pain cave where she will reside most of the winter.πŸ˜ͺ

Not sure I will get the run in but planning on the bike. Tomorrow is night #3 of 4.

See you in Watopia.

• Options

Looking forward to it! After a summer off the bike, I've spent the last couple of months building volume -- crazy what TITS will do to your FTP! But I'm ready for some intensity!

Number one goal this OS is to not run myself into the wall. If I need to back off, I will!

Ready to work tomorrow!

• Options

Lurking in the shadows, and posting some as I gear up for JOS.

• Options

Are there ZWO files this year? I see 2018-2020 here but no 2021. Thanks!

• Options

Dang! I forgot how the ZWIFT OS looked like. OFFDA. Yep there's a LOT of work to be done. Got er done but definitely not the sexiest thing I have ever done.

ONWARDS!

• Options

Silly question. Is there a OS run thread? I don't seem to see one. Thanks.

• Options

Jacklyn,

I do not know if there is an official Run thread for NOS but the run chat on Geneva is busy and I would not hesitate to start up a run thread. "If you build it they will come"

I raced Tuesday and got my ass handed to me so First official structured workout tomorrow AM.

R

• Options

Cuz,

I have a hard time believing you got your ASS handed to you. You are too much of a beast!

I haven't keyed up Geneva yet. I'll look into it.

Thanks,

Jacklyn

• Options

Today was day 2 of structured workouts. supposedly just below your FTP. Still seemed hard. Main set done but workout was cut a bit short due to life.

On the good side, my HR stayed pretty stable and I got through it. Looking forward to getting my steady cadence and power back, Zwift racing does not reinforce steady power or effective pacing in my experience and that is most of the biking that I have been doing lately.

• Options

I thinking about letting my TR membership go but I see your point. I think doing 1 TR a week wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Options

@Coach Patrick made it clear to me that I needed to spend much of NOS focused on the frequent TRP of Run Durability... but I'm going to maintain my bike fitness with 2-3 of the NOS Bike WKOs... because it just what we do in November 😎

• Options

WOOT WOOT to the end of week 1. Not too bad i'd say.

On to week 2.

• Options

So this happened at Cruise and Crush this AM.

You can definitely see the HR/power bumps with the climbs and sprints. Not technically a true "ABP" ride but good clean fun for the designated amount of time and solid TSS.

@John Culberson I have found that the 3 rides a week is pretty manageable especially if you just do the main set. That way you can cap things off about 45-50 min most weekdays.

• Options

@Ralph Moore taking care of business in week 1! Lots of quality work in a 113 TSS ride.

@John Culberson welcome to the OS!

@Jacklyn Moore can't wait for you to post some graphs of those throw downs!

I completed week 6 successfully with no injuries just a few reality checks. You will all catch up with me soon as I am repeating a few of the OS weeks along the way here.

Very much enjoyed riding with Ralph and others during Sunday's CnC ride!

• Options

Dang CUZ! 941 watts! BEAST!!!