Homeโ€บ General Training Discussions
Options

NOS Week 3 : Partners with Benefits

So, Week 3 is underway and this post is late. I have no excuse but the reason is that I was doing research (thus the title).

If you are on ZWIFT, are you familiar with Pace Partners? If not, perhaps you should find out about them because there are benefits for you in several ways. If you are not familiar with Zwift Pace partners, this link may be helpful.

Why does this matter? for several reasons:

1. for that steady Sat or Sun ride, they give a way to ride as a group at a steady power so it is not as lonely and is more motivational. There are 4 partners to ride with, one at each power classification level.
  2. When riding with the Pace Partners, you can practice your group riding skills in Zwift. Move to the front, learn to fall back. Very helpful if you race time trials. Try to stay near this ghostly looking rider with the blue beacon.
  3. If you are new to Zwift and are looking to level up more quickly, riding with a pace partner has real advantages. If you stay near the pace bot, you will get more experience points due to a multiplier effect.

In perusing Geneva chat, I have noticed several folks, including myself who have had to adjust their FTP already this OS. That is not uncommon and it is important to make adjustments going forward.

Tomorrow, I race TT with the "C" group for my Tuesday workout and then back to structured intervals on Thursday. On Sat, I will probably do steady rid with a pace partner for the long steady ride and then CnC Sunday.

What does your week hold?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Thanks for the link on the Pace Partners - I didn't know about this!

• Options

@Wendy Kelly give it a shot, it is a nice way to do a steady ride with folks and practice riding in a group on zwift. If there is not a pace partner at your desired w/kg, then just change your weight a bit in zwift so that your desired w/kg matches the pace partner.

So, this was Tuesday's race.

it is about the same TSS as the prescribed workout but more motivating. On to Thursday.

• Options

Twinsies ... kinda ... @Ralph Moore !!!

• Options

another good way to kill time on a long weekend ride is to use the time to check off your route badges on Zwift. Pick a route, finish it off, take a bathroom/bottle refill break and check off another..

found a new tool called Zwift hub this AM - great for keeping track of your routes and badges -

and here's a video to learn all about it.

• Options

@Rory Gumina Nice! We had a similar TSS but you were 10 min faster! I got to work on my aero position!

@Wendy Kelly how did the Pace partners work out for you?

Thursday intervals

Survived to ride another day!

Interestingly, I got a rocker plate so my bike moves a bit side to side when I ride and I found that the second interval I was much more wobbly.

• Options

@Ralph Moore I haven't tried the Pace Partner yet; wasn't sure how it would work for the midweek workouts and those intervals. I'd been planning to try it for the next weekend ABP ride that I do indoors. I'm not sure yet if that will be this weekend (weather looks like it might be nice, so I may opt for another outdoor session while I can) or another. But I will give it a shot!

• Options

Sunday VO2 Ladder ... rode the Petit Boucle course for WTRL scratch race Tuesday ... used Meetup function ... the "follower" I invited (required to create meetup) from Australia prob wonders "who are you?"

• Options

@Rory Gumina Good job with the race prep!