Home New Member [First Month]
Options

Brian McCartan Official Coach Thread

2»

Comments

• Options

ok... Matt.. So weekly update.. The Achilles is feeling better.. just sore now.. not limping anymore, but I know it’s there.. hope that makes sense. Been resting it, biking, mobility and strength training.. haven’t run.. What do you think for this week? Continue as planned or try a run?

• Options

@Brian McCartan Still sore = rest. Maybe another week or two. More rest is better at this point. I know you are eager to run and test it out. Too much testing gets in the way of fully healing. Ya know?

• Options

Will keep resting it! Thanks for keeping me grounded..

• Options

@Brian McCartan - Great to talk today...thanks for the time.

Achilles -- I think you're on the right path here in terms of self management. The key again will be the reentry as we are very gradually getting back up to speed. You'll want to be active this fall and winter in the last thing you want is having the Achilles preventing you from doing all the things you want. The best way forward is to build in those post bike walks to start off with three or four of those. Then we can do post bike short runs which we do by time - 5', 7', etc.

Remember to do self-care after these brick runs. That could be some ice for cooling and some light mobilization. Remember that you have a big day planned on your feet you can probably skip the run. Do the hike instead or all the yardwork, etc.

Body Comp - I think the plan we have for the late night protein replace it will be great. Remember it doesn't have to be every night, but even if you substituted half of the nights that you're munching with good stuff you'll start to see a bit of a change. Obviously the better compliance we have the better off you'll be. It drives my wife nuts, but often I will leave the bag of protein out when I see it or at least the shake cup so that's my trigger to eat that instead. 👍

Onwards!

~ Coach Patrick

ps sorry for the redial

• Options

Great advice! Thanks.. No worries on the redial.. all good

• Options

@Coach Patrick , well I got it.. I got the Virus on Sunday. Plus side I am resting my Achilles. Been 3 days. Mostly a fever and a cough. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I will let you know how it progresses.

Good luck with the launch tomorrow!!!

• Options

@Brian McCartan Man, so sorry to hear that! Our fingers are crossed that fever and cough is the worst of it. Please. Let us know how you are doing. Rest like a champion!