Home Community Forum 🏠
Options

Weigh in Wednesdays.

Thought I would get it here for everyone to use.

Spreadsheet HERE! 

Comments

• Options
    down .6 to 134.6 and our receptionist told me yesterday I was looking skinny. =-) Must be on the right path -- or made a good fashion choice. ;-)
  • Options

Down another 3. Consistently losing weight so I can't complain.

Gordon

• Options

ugh. stuck again. anyone have any idea how to figure out what they're actually burning a day?? I always consider my job "sedentary" because it's not like I'm out chopping wood or something. But the reality is that I stand for 8-10 hours a day, massaging + stretching people, and demonstrating exercises.

I've been good the past month: eat clean, keep carbs around workouts, no fun stuff, etc.

I've been shooting for basic calorie needs (body weight x10) + exercise burn for daily intake. I figure excess calories burned during the day gives me a good enough deficit. As usual I can drop 1-2 lbs easy when I start doing this, and then eventually the process stalls.

any idears?? am I cutting too much? workouts aren't suffering and I'm not going to bed hungry or anything like that.

• Options

Can I jump in late? Since I can't do any workouts right now - it actually might be the time to try to lose the 7 lbs. that have been haunting me for the last 7 years! Having some company will probably help me out as well . I mean how bad can it be to bonk while driving the kids to school right? - but during a workout - well that is a whole different story! Hoping to be back on the horse by January and starting lighter rather than trying to lose while training is better .

I'll go ahead and put my info in as of today - since I weighed this AM - 1st time in a long time and if I'm too late to the party just delete me!

Robin

• Options

back on the horse.  I had gained a solid 3 pounds in a short time, but dropped them and am back on my way down.  Hit 156 on the scale this morning, so I'm at my starting point anew. 

BTW, I absolutely love the LoseIt Iphone app (I use it on my Ipod touch).  So much better than any other calorie tracking tool I've ever used.  Helped me be honest with myself pretty effectively this week so far.

Mike

• Options

Hey Folks,

I desparately need to play this game. Would it be better if I started a Group specifically for the Fatty DontWannaBe's like me? We could up load before and after pics, Speedo required, and other fun stuff?

• Options

Rich, I think this is the perfect place for Fatty Dontwannabe's to post speedo pics.  Gonna have to bust out my camera now...

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 18 Nov 2009 08:55 AM

Hey Folks,

I desparately need to play this game. Would it be better if I started a Group specifically for the Fatty DontWannaBe's like me? We could up load before and after pics, Speedo required, and other fun stuff?

That would be great.  The pics would definitely keep me honest.

I'm skeered to jump on the scale this morning cuz I ate 1/2 rack of ribs + tub of mashed potatoes + hunk of the most luscious corn bread after my mtb ride on Sat. Salad and rice cakes were just not going to cut it. 

• Options
    Still working off the weekend eating binge. Up a pound or so. Time to get serious!

tom
  • Options
    Posted By Leigh Boyle on 18 Nov 2009 06:44 AM

ugh. stuck again. anyone have any idea how to figure out what they're actually burning a day?? I always consider my job "sedentary" because it's not like I'm out chopping wood or something. But the reality is that I stand for 8-10 hours a day, massaging + stretching people, and demonstrating exercises.

I've been good the past month: eat clean, keep carbs around workouts, no fun stuff, etc.

I've been shooting for basic calorie needs (body weight x10) + exercise burn for daily intake. I figure excess calories burned during the day gives me a good enough deficit. As usual I can drop 1-2 lbs easy when I start doing this, and then eventually the process stalls.

any idears?? am I cutting too much? workouts aren't suffering and I'm not going to bed hungry or anything like that.

Leigh, do you have a kitchen scale? I definitely don't weigh everything, but it has made me a much better calorie estimator. Before it, I kept blowing calories on things like -- rice. One small takeout container? c. 400 calories, right? Nope. Try c. 1000.

Newbies - Please join the weigh-in fun.

Love the fatty challenge forum idea. Me and my fatty thighs will be representing in my new camo speedo suit.

• Options

Leigh, your quads are probably just too pumped and jacked from all the FT stuff. 

Dave

• Options

I was down another half pound today, and will weigh in next Wednesday, but may avoid the scale after Thanksgiving.   Turkey day is my favorite "eating holiday", it only comes once a year, and I'm going to eat what I want!  Back on the wagon after that, though.

• Options
    Posted By David Halligan on 18 Nov 2009 10:43 AM

Leigh, you're quads are probably just too pumped and jacked from all the FT stuff. 

Dave

haha! I wish.  Used to race moguls in skiing when I was younger. would love to get rid of the big quads now...

on a serious note, Beth- I actually do weigh my food (Dave gives me the evil eyes when it's his night to cook!) and keep a food log. basic needs = 1400 + exercise so usually 400-600 cals and averaging 2000 cals a day. will definitely have to play around a bit.

• Options

FWIW, I have had a lot of success cutting calories at night, specifically not eating after 7pm. So I am good all day per what you probably already do, have a nice big dinner, then it's water, a piece of gum and maybe a diet coke if I am hurting. Only hard if you stay up later than like 10pm...

• Options

190.5 this week.  I may need to break out the food log after Thanksgiving.  I find that forcing myself to log what I eat gives me enough of a hurdle that I eat less.

• Options

I'm up a pound to 211, which is amazing considering how bad I ate while on the road last week.  Didn't due so well this week either - kid's bday parties, baptisms, work dinner at a steak house...and it's only Thursday  

Rich, I'm in.  Accountability enforced through fear of public humiliation has always been a great motivator in my life. 

• Options

I just joined the group.  I raced IMLou in 2008 at 162..  Bounced up to 172 at the beginning of OS last year.  Raced this summer in the high 160s.  Started OS at 168.4...weighed in tonight after biking at 167.  Not sure that's actual weight loss or just scale variance, but I'll take it. 

• Options

Nothing nothing nothing this week.....had my girlfriend dinner at my house this month and it was this week....clearly with bad results....

Tomorrow is another day.....

• Options
    Posted By Beth Schwindt on 18 Nov 2009 09:46 AM

Leigh, do you have a kitchen scale? I definitely don't weigh everything, but it has made me a much better calorie estimator. Before it, I kept blowing calories on things like -- rice. One small takeout container? c. 400 calories, right? Nope. Try c. 1000.

Newbies - Please join the weigh-in fun.

Love the fatty challenge forum idea. Me and my fatty thighs will be representing in my new camo speedo suit.

Beth, I have read that mindlessly grazing throughout the day can result in an extra 1000 calories because we don't take them into account when estimating what we are eating each day.  I have to really fight to not graze but sit down and purposefully eat my small meals throughout the day.   

• Options
    Afraid to get on scale this AM after a weekend in Tempe with rich. He made me eat In n' Out burger...but I definitely ate too much frozen yogurt!! image

Focus mojo is back on!

P
  • Options
    Up .8 pounds, although body fat percentage is down 1.5%. More muscle for me?
  • Options

198 today.  This will be my start weight for David Ambrose "pre and post holiday weight" as well.

Also, I think it was NEMO who started this thread in the old forum.  Does anyone know how to get the spreadsheet set up to continue?

• Options
    Posted By Rich Strauss on 18 Nov 2009 08:55 AM

Hey Folks,

Rich,

Can we just move this thread to the "fatty don't wannabes" forum or should we post pics in this forum?  Shaved v unshaved legs? Tan lines v no-tan lines on legs and arms?

I am sure it doesnt need to be said but PG rated only pics.  UNfortunately mine are R rated for, let's just say not normal tri gut. I do't waana go first but if no one else wants to get it going then....BEWARE!

• Options

down 1 lb from last week. image

• Options

Just added myself. More as a preventative measure as I know the vendors I work with will be sending all sorts of cookies, cakes and pastries to the office for the holidays. Having to report in may help prevent me from indulging.

• Options
    I am in as well. Need to make sure things go in the right direction over the next couple of months. 184 this morning.